Source language: Translate to:

Time Adjustments

NeoBook tips, tricks, code samples and more...

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Time Adjustments

Postby Jim Brammer » Thu Feb 07, 2002 4:36 pm

Time Adjustments

Anybody know how to change the global variable value for time. It will display the current time of your system clock, but if I want to adjust it 3 hours forward, for say a different time zone, is there a way to do it? I don't want to change my system clock or anyone else for that matter. +3 does not work. Is there a way to do math functions with this variable without extracting all the components and using the timer etc.
Must be any easy way to do this.
Any ideas?
Thanks

<hr>

Hi DataDon,

There may be a way. Instead of using [TIME] or [HOUR]:[SECOND]:[MINUTE], you can use your own variable say, [MYHOUR] where it's [HOUR]+3. And in your [MYTIME] is [MYHOUR]:[MINUTE]:[SECOND].

And to ensure the clock is running.. perhaps put it in the timer script.

Rgds
Ronnie

<hr>

Thanks Ronnie,

I'm not sure I totally follow you, but I think so. Am I starting with my system clock time (which is what I want to do) or am I creating my own time systems with variables? I could use the timer to make my own clock, but I want to use the system clock and be able to adjust the output. Perhaps the only way to do this is to capture the [time] data, parse out the hours, minutes and seconds, and then make my own clock with variables and the timer object as you say.

Thanks for your comments and consideration.

Don
Jim Brammer

Return to NeoBook Knowledgebase