Source language: Translate to:

Uninstall Support - How do I make an uninstaller?

Questions or information that don't quite fit anywhere else

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Uninstall Support - How do I make an uninstaller?

Postby casper » Fri Oct 01, 2004 10:01 am

This is the only other question I have.  Neobook makes a setup program and does a great job.  How do I make an uninstall program, so if someone wants to uninstall the program I made in the future?  Again I am using the trial version maybe it is a feature not present in the trial.  I just want to see if Neobook will do what I want it to, and it seems so far a really good program.  Also one more thing, I searched on Google for an uninstaller maker and it seems none exist.  Is their a simple way to make an uninstaller.  Thanks again.

(Edited by casper at 1:02 pm on Oct. 1, 2004)
casper

Uninstall Support

Postby Neosoft Support » Fri Oct 01, 2004 10:18 am

NeoBook's setup utility is very basic and does not currently include an uninstaller. If you need more features than our basic setup utility provides, any commercial or shareware installation utility can be used to build a setup/installer for compiled NeoBook projects. Most of these third party setup programs also include uninstall options.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Uninstall Support

Postby AlfB » Fri Oct 01, 2004 10:34 am

hi casper,
have a look at the FREE clickteam software, which I use for my software. It's even free when you use it commercially, and it's quite easy to use
http://www.clickteam.com/English/install_creator.htm
ALF
AlfB

Uninstall Support

Postby casper » Fri Oct 01, 2004 11:42 am

Thanks AlfB, that clickteam software works great.  Now all my problems are solved.  Thank you.
casper

Return to Misc. Questions and Information