Source language: Translate to:

Prevent Browser Object from loading Images? - Can i force it

NeoBook tips, tricks, code samples and more...

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Prevent Browser Object from loading Images? - Can i force it

Postby Schneppi » Thu Jul 15, 2004 4:42 am

Can i somehow prevent a browser object from downloading images from internet?

Because i have a hidden browser object to collect data from a webpage and i dont need to download the whole graphical content of this page.

If i could disable the download of images for this browser onject, the download of the whole page would be a bit faster.
(This page holds 200 images and i am sure it WILL be a lot faster :) )
Schneppi

Prevent Browser Object from loading Images?

Postby AlfB » Thu Jul 15, 2004 8:35 am

hi schneppi,

there is indeed a registry entry concerning that

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Advanced Options\MULTIMEDIA\PICTS

there you should find what you're looking for, and it should be possible to change from within your NB application (but I didn't try)

hope that helps
good luck

ALF
AlfB

Postby Schneppi » Thu Jul 15, 2004 8:49 am

It does affect my System Browser (Maxthon) but Neobook does not seem to care.

I've tested it with a new Book in which i'd only made a browser object and on page entry:

RegistryWrite "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" "Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Advanced Options\MULTIMEDIA\PICTS\CheckedValue" "no"

and on page exit

RegistryWrite "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" "Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Advanced Options\MULTIMEDIA\PICTS\CheckedValue" "yes"

But the browser object loads all the images...
Schneppi

Postby Gaev » Thu Jul 15, 2004 9:32 am

Schneppi:

Can i somehow prevent a browser object from downloading images from internet? Because i have a hidden browser object to collect data from a webpage and i dont need to download the whole graphical content of this page.

Why even bother with the Browser object ... just download the *.htm file to your local disk and then FileRead the local file.

Download options include ...

- use of HPW's newLisp plug-in ... which can be made to issue a newLisp command like ... get-url "http://www.LotsOfImages.com"
- if the server permits ... just ftp the file
Gaev

Return to NeoBook Knowledgebase