Source language: Translate to:

Contacting technical support.... - Contacting technical supp

Questions or information that don't quite fit anywhere else

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Contacting technical support.... - Contacting technical supp

Postby JB » Tue Jun 22, 2004 9:24 am

How long does it take to have an answer from the technical support ?

I currently have sent a mail one month ago to report some bugs about Neobook, and I still don't have any answer.I sent it to the following address : tech@neosoftware.com .

I'm disapointed, Has my mail been lost ?(or filtered by a anti-spam soft ?).

Thanks for the answer anyway.
JB

Contacting technical support....

Postby Neosoft Support » Tue Jun 22, 2004 11:54 am

Hi JB,

I'm sorry if we missed your message. We are usually able to respond to all the messages we receive within 24 hours. We do use a Spam filter, so it's possible that your message never reached us. Unfortunately, we couldn't function these days without some time of Spam filtering. Had we received your message, we certainly would have done our best to respond in a timely manner.

Can you try sending your message again? Please include a return receipt request so you can tell if your message makes it through. Otherwise, please feel free to post your comments and questions here in the forum.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby JB » Tue Jun 22, 2004 12:42 pm

Hi !

Ok, I'am going to try sending the mail again. I've been using the "Laposte.net" email provider (a famous public mail provider in France) But since it is public spammers have probably used it to send unwanted mail...

Anyway, I am going to try resending it using another mail box. (I'm also joining .pub files with it as exemples for the bug report.)

Thank's anyway. I hope this will be the right one.

J.B.
JB

Postby Neosoft Support » Thu Jun 24, 2004 10:14 am

JB:

We still haven't received a message from you. Have you sent one?
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby JB » Thu Jun 24, 2004 10:24 am

Yes I actually do have resent it twice.

If the problem is a set of word that I used in my mail and is recognized by your spam filter as belonging to spam vocabulary, I think I should write the whole mail into a ms word document and send it to you attached to a simple mail I send to you.

I will try that now, with a receipt request of course, so that I will know quickly whether you have received it or not.

If at least I still don't succeed sending you this mail, I will post a message here.

Another thing you may need to know is that I used both my company's email and my personnal email, and none of them worked. I just hope the spam filter didn't black listed me...

Anyway thanks for the support
Hope this one will go.

(Edited by JB at 2:25 pm on June 24, 2004)
JB

Postby JB » Thu Jun 24, 2004 10:58 am

Ok the file has just been sent from my company's mail.
JB

Postby Neosoft Support » Fri Jun 25, 2004 10:01 am

We received your message! Thank you.

I'll see if we can better tune our Spam filter. Sorry for the inconvenience.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby Kabuto » Sat Jul 10, 2004 5:19 pm

Hi guys,

I tried emailing this 3 times to 1. sales, 2. tech, and 3. info email addresses, but I got it back each time with a message that my IP was filtered out. You really should either train that filter better or get a different one. How about ChoiceMail - it is 100% effective, since it is a permission-based spam blocker (not just a typical word filter which "guesses" what is legitimate and what is spam)? ;)

Anyway, here's my email:

I purchased the NeoSoft Viewer a long long time ago and - while in need of a File Compare tool just now - I reinstalled it on my (new) computer. I see that the version I have is 1.1b. I looked around the web and found that you had released version 1.2a.

I don't see any updates for the program on your website. It seems that you discontinued it, but I still would like to use it. Basically, I'd like to have the latest released version.

Why do I need it? After searching all around the web, I have found only one other file compare utility that I like. It is a program called Compare It!. The problem with it, however, is that it doesn't have a HEX viewing option like the NeoSoft Viewer does.

So... I need you to send me - or provide a download link - the latest build of the program. Either the full thing (shareware) or a patch for 1.1b. I still have my serial #, which I can provide to you along with my registered name and address, if you wish.

By the way, I know this is a forum for another product, but I don't see another way that I can reach you with your email filter blocking my every email.

Please respond!

Chris
Kabuto

Postby HPW » Sat Jul 10, 2004 11:28 pm

HPW

Postby Kabuto » Mon Jul 12, 2004 12:05 pm

This is actually pretty good. I like how Compare It! looks and operates much better, but this one does have that needed HEX view. And it works. I'll definitely give this a serious test-ride.

Thanks a lot for the suggestion!

To NeoSoft - I still would like to obtain the latest version of the NeoSoft Viewer.

Chris
Kabuto

Postby Neosoft Support » Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:51 pm

Hello Chris,

I'm sorry that you've had trouble contacting us by email. We use a commercial server side Spam filter. Even with the filter enabled, we still receive hundreds of Spam messages each day. Without the filter, we would be unable to function.

You didn't include your email address in your profile so I can't check to see if it's been identified as a Spam account. Since we use a commercial Spam filter it's highly likely that your messages would be rejected by many other organizations as well.

We are no longer actively marketing the Viewer as a stand-alone product, but if you can somehow provide us with your email address I would be happy to send you a copy of the latest version. You could try opening a free email account at HotMail or Yahoo or fax your information to us at 541-388-8221. Sorry for the inconvenience.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby Kabuto » Mon Jul 12, 2004 2:43 pm

Wow, no wonder you guys use a spam filter. You have a serious problem there. I get mad when I get 1... ;)

Anyway, I just faxed you my email address. Please let me know if you DID NOT get it. I'll think of something else..... a temp email account as you suggested and just post it here or something.

Thanks,

Chris
Kabuto

Postby Kabuto » Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:44 pm

I got your email with the Viewer - thank you very much!

I wanted to email you back to answer your question, but it returned to me again. Here's the message:

Permanent Failure: 550-"The_IP_address_you_used_to_send_this_mail_from_has_been_filtered_as...

If it's filtering out my IP, then I assume that a whole lot of people from my ISP would be affected. And, YES, that was the email address I originally tried emailing you from.

Thanks again,

Chris

ps - By the way, here's an idea. Maybe you should release a new version of the Viewer, fully updated and all. Turn it into a full File Manager type of utility, while keeping the Neosoft Viewer as the base of the program. Beef it up a little, so to speak. Honestly, there isn't a single File Manager out there that I am satisfied with. Some are either too bloated with unnecessary features and others are too simple or too buggy. Just an idea if you're looking for a new product.
Kabuto

Postby Neosoft Support » Tue Jul 13, 2004 9:11 am

Hi Chris,

I checked our spam filter configuration and it does not appear to have any blacklist options enabled. I will contact our ISP and see if they can explain why your email is being filtered.

Thank you for the new product idea. I'll certainly add it to our list of things to consider in the future. Right now our plate is pretty full.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby Kabuto » Tue Jul 13, 2004 10:29 pm

Hi again,

I just installed the trial version of QuikMenu and was surprised to see that you already made a top-quality File Manager. It is very much how I envisioned it, to tell you the truth. I am really, really, impressed.

If you only could separate it from the rest of the program..... ;)

I honestly don't need any of the other stuff, no matter how good it is, and paying $70 for a File Manager is rather crazy - still, it's something to think about.

Well, you probably don't have any plans to release it separately, but I just wanted to say that it is, bar-none, the best File Manager I have come across. Congrats!

Chris
Kabuto

Next

Return to Misc. Questions and Information