Source language: Translate to:

Switching between Fullscreen Apps - How to switch between a

NeoBook tips, tricks, code samples and more...

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Switching between Fullscreen Apps - How to switch between a

Postby marcel » Thu May 27, 2004 2:11 pm

Hi everybody

I need a little help about the following problem: I use a fullscreen (kiosk) application in my car to play mp3 files, watching video and so on. :cool: This works with a touchscreen, so no keyboard is available. From this car application I can start an external GPS software. Once this software is started, it runs in fullscreen as well and therefore I cannot switch back to my Neobook car application without using the keyboard (Alt-Tab / Windows key ...).
I thought about using a small NB exe tool which is always on top and switches back to my car application but I can't make it. :confused:
!! So any idea is welcome and I thank you in advance for your help !!
marcel

Switching between Fullscreen Apps

Postby Neosoft Support » Fri May 28, 2004 12:04 pm

Creating a small stay on top publication should work. To bring your NeoBook pub back to the foreground, you can try using the SendKeys action. The key you send should be one that's not used so it just activates your pub and doesn't trigger anything. For example:

SendKeys "[PubDir]YourPub.exe" "{CtrlDown}{CtrlUp}"
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby marcel » Mon May 31, 2004 1:35 pm

Thank your for your help. I tried your suggestion with Sendkeys and {CtrlDown}{CtrlUp}. Nevertheless, my target (car) application generates an message box saying "Invalid key" and the car application does not come on top unfortunately.

Any further help?
marcel

Postby Beno » Mon May 31, 2004 1:47 pm

Hi,

I guess you have to add a object/button in your car application who receives these keys from the top application and executes the desired actions (maximize, minimize, etc).

HTH,

Beno
Beno

Postby marcel » Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:21 pm

Hi Beno

I have some buttons but even I set the focus manually on them before starting the second fullscreen appl it does not work. Invalid key!

I can give you the pub files if you like ...

Hoping for more solutions
thx, Marcel
marcel

Return to NeoBook Knowledgebase