Source language: Translate to:

Curve Tool - Lost Handles

General questions about using NeoPaint

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Curve Tool - Lost Handles

Postby Skyspirit » Thu Apr 08, 2004 1:20 pm

Hi When i`m using the Curve Tool close to the edge of an image sometimes the editing handle needs to be outside of the painting area but when released how do i get the handles back again if i need to readjust as they are no longer visible.
Skyspirit

Curve Tool

Postby Neosoft Support » Fri Apr 09, 2004 11:02 am

Try moving the curve to a different part of the image. Make your adjustments there then move the curve back to the desired location.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Curve Tool

Postby Skyspirit » Fri Apr 09, 2004 5:11 pm

How do i move the curve? there is nothing to get hold of there is a black spot in a circle but it does not do anything i have hovered over it with my curser but the curser does not change to anything, but the spot is not always visible anyway.
Skyspirit

Curve Tool

Postby Skyspirit » Sat Apr 10, 2004 9:12 am

In addition to my last reply (Posted on 8:11 pm on April 9, 2004) i have now discovered that the spot should be in the center of the line of the curve but it is displaced by about 72 pixels away from the line which means if lines are drawn near to the left or the top of the image the spot is not visible at all. Is this spot the center anchor point??
Skyspirit

Curve Tool

Postby Neosoft Support » Mon Apr 12, 2004 11:54 am

You should be able to click in the middle of the curve in the black circle to move the line. Of course it only works while the line is being edited. Once you click OK, the line is drawn and becomes a permanent part of the image.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Curve Tool

Postby Skyspirit » Mon Apr 12, 2004 2:31 pm

I think you are missing the point i said that the spot is nowhere near the line and that if i am drawing a line near to the left hand edge or the top that the spot is not visible at all. If it is visible nothing happens when it is clicked on or hovvered over.(obviously i am in edit mode)
Skyspirit

Curve Tool

Postby Neosoft Support » Tue Apr 13, 2004 11:00 am

The spot should be in the center of the bezier curve. Depending on the severity of the curve, the center spot may not be touching the line. I can't explain why you are unable to move the line. The center spot and the bezier handles are drawn on the image's canvas, so if they fall outside the image dimensions then obviously you won't be able to see or access them.

Try temporarily enlarging the image's canvas using the "Picture > Enlarge Canvas" option. Draw the curve, then use the Scissors tool and the Crop command to return the image to its original size.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Curve Tool

Postby Skyspirit » Tue Apr 13, 2004 4:24 pm

Mmmmm I`ll try that. Thanks
Skyspirit

Return to General NeoPaint Discussion