Source language: Translate to:

Install Routines Don't Work - Download file error

General questions about using NeoPaint

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Install Routines Don't Work - Download file error

Postby Thanos » Mon Jul 14, 2003 2:16 pm

After downloading both the executable zip and manual zip archive installable I found that neither one worked.  The install engine takes you as far as the install options dialog where you choose to install the stamps, pallets, etc.  Click next and the app locks up.  It won't back up.  It won't close.  You have to CTRL/ALT/DEL to End Task.  I'm running WinME, 40GB, 512MB, AMD Duron 1GHz.
Thanos

Install Routines Don't Work

Postby NeoSoft Support » Tue Jul 15, 2003 9:31 am

I'm sorry you're having trouble installing the NeoPaint demo on your PC. We haven't had any other reports of problems installing NeoPaint, so I'm not sure what could be the cause.

Do you have any other programs (virus scanners, etc.) running during the installation? It shouldn't matter, but you could try turning them off just for the installation.
NeoSoft Support

Postby Thanos » Tue Jul 15, 2003 12:54 pm

No, Nothing running.  I have even gone so far as to clear the Task Manager of all background apps and non-System related SysTray items.  But I gather from the nature of your reply that you are as mystified as I am?
Thanos

Postby NeoSoft Support » Wed Jul 16, 2003 10:15 am

That's strange. We have other customers using NeoPaint on Windows ME machines. We also have an ME machine in our office with NeoPaint installed. You might try installing it into a different folder. Since it's getting stuck at the options screen, maybe there's something about your drive layout the installer doesn't like.

We'll be releasing an update to NeoPaint later this month that will use a slightly newer version of the installation utility. It's a pain, but maybe you could try again with the update? We can contact you when it's avaialble if you like.
NeoSoft Support

Postby fairviewdogs » Thu Mar 25, 2004 12:30 pm

I am having the very same problem with trying to install my CD version of NeoPaint for Windows.  I am running Windows XP edition.  I had no problem installing on my old computer that ran Windows 98.  this is most frusterating.  I WAS able to download the trial version (newest version) but because I already OWN the CD version I really didn't want to go through the purchase again.  Any assistance would be much appreciated.
fairviewdogs

Postby Neosoft Support » Fri Mar 26, 2004 12:54 pm

Linda,

It Sounds like your CD contains an older version of NeoPaint that was released before Windows XP. We have not had any reports of problems installing the latest version of NeoPaint (4.5a) on Windows XP systems. My recommendation would be to download version 4.5a and give that a try.

There is no upgrade free required for registered users (like you) to move from version 4.x to 4.5a. You can download version 4.5a free from our web site's NeoPaint page:

www.neosoftware.com/npw.html

The trial version available for download can be registered using your existing version 4.x serial number. There's no need to purchase the program again.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Return to General NeoPaint Discussion