Source language: Translate to:

Capturing Video

General questions about NeoBook

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Capturing Video

Postby ajhunt » Sat May 06, 2017 10:24 am

Hi All, I'm about to start a project which will capture video and audio from a webcam. May I ask what recommendations as to what plug-in is best for this task as there are a few available. Maximum time of video capture will be 30 seconds 800x448 size and the capture format does not really matter as it can be converted after capture. The best quality of video is what's needed really. Best regards to all and thanks in advance for any recommendations.
ajhunt

Re: Capturing Video

Postby krackerjaxz » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:32 pm

Doing a quick search in the Neobook Resource Center, I found a few plugins that might help you achieve your goals with your Neobook project.

1. npCams- This plugin allow you to control up to two Webcams at same time from your NeoBook publications. You can play the Webcam video in a NeoBook rectangle, pause, resume, stop and get images captures from the video. It says free but under limitations says limited trial.

2. NeoWebCam - Used to send webcam images to the Internet. It's $60.

3. Neo Twain - Capture digitized images from a webcam, scanner, or related resource. Price is $60.

4. rtImageFX- Allows drawing and image related tasks. Also can pull digitized images from resource (e.g. webcam). Price is $49.95.
krackerjaxz

Postby ajhunt » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:41 pm

Hi krackerjaxz, many thanks for your suggestions. I eventually went with tmVideoCapture as did what I wanted with up to 9 webcams. Many many thanks for your time and suggestions, appreciated. Best regards Anthony
ajhunt

Postby TMcD » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:18 pm

ajhunt wrote:Hi krackerjaxz, many thanks for your suggestions. I eventually went with tmVideoCapture as did what I wanted with up to 9 webcams. Many many thanks for your time and suggestions, appreciated. Best regards Anthony

Where did you find tmVideoCapture?
TMcD

Postby krackerjaxz » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:48 pm

I didn't see it listed in the Neobook Resources Center. However, a quick search on the forums brings up the first post when it was released:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=18079&p=11199486&hilit=tmVideoCapture#p11199486

It's a plugin made by Tech Media. Unfortunately, though, it seems as if their website is no longer working. Sifting through the forums, it seems that has been an issue with their plugins and support (or lack thereof). I can't speak from personal experience as I haven't used their plugins. All I can attest to is that their website is currently non-functioning.
krackerjaxz

Postby TMcD » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:26 pm

krackerjaxz wrote:I didn't see it listed in the Neobook Resources Center. However, a quick search on the forums brings up the first post when it was released:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=18079&p=11199486&hilit=tmVideoCapture#p11199486

It's a plugin made by Tech Media. Unfortunately, though, it seems as if their website is no longer working. Sifting through the forums, it seems that has been an issue with their plugins and support (or lack thereof). I can't speak from personal experience as I haven't used their plugins. All I can attest to is that their website is currently non-functioning.

Ok, that's what I was thinking, and sorta why I asked. I had recalled he disappeared.

* Unfortunately too many plug-in developers disappear. I wish NeoSoft would produce more plugins.
** Yep I still have tons of Desktop apps to make. :)
TMcD

Postby ajhunt » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:49 am

Hi, Tech Media stopped a while ago I think so I was lucky that I purchased it beforehand. Came with a number of examples so was helpful enough to get done what I wanted.
ajhunt

Postby krackerjaxz » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:44 pm

TMcD wrote:Ok, that's what I was thinking, and sorta why I asked. I had recalled he disappeared.

* Unfortunately too many plug-in developers disappear. I wish NeoSoft would produce more plugins.
** Yep I still have tons of Desktop apps to make. :)

I agree. It would be nice to have some sense of stability. I've had a similar issue with another development software I use, Fusion 2.5 Developer. Some extensions were half made and were abandoned. Now, if one doesn't mind getting their hands a little dirty then Neobook can still be extended. You could extend functionality via:

• JavaScript
  • VBScript
  • ThinBasic
krackerjaxz

Postby HPW » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:11 pm

Hello,

An Option would be that a plugin-developer give up a plugin, he could release it to open-source.
Then either neosoft or another plugin developer can take over.

Regards
Hans-Peter
HPW

Return to General NeoBook Discussions