compile error

General questions about NeoBook

Moderator: Neosoft Support

compile error

Postby fkapnist » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:22 pm

I am starting to see this now:

An error occured during the compile.
Out of memory while expanding memory stream

Could it be from a plug-in, malware or an impending hardware failure?

Then Neobook cannot save the .pub but erases it !... Only the .bak file is usable.

:?:
fkapnist

Re: compile error

Postby seanie » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:07 pm

I started getting compiler error messages and 'disappearing .pubs' with the paid version of Avast. After I deleted it, things went back to normal. Have you done an antivirus upgrade recently?
seanie

Postby fkapnist » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:47 pm

I haven't changed my antivirus settings.

I also get this weird one :

Thread creation error: Not enough storage is available to process this command.

I have been trying some newLISP, Precision Delphi and thinBasic plugins for Neobook...
I will try to use the process of elimination to track the memory error.

Those programming tools have some very good sample files that can be modified and used in Neobook pubs.
I think it makes "rapid application building" even faster and easier... if not for the errors

fkapnist

Postby Neosoft Support » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:03 pm

I've never seen those errors before, so I'm not sure what to recommend. Those error messages sound like they're coming from Windows. Plug-ins aren't actively involved in the compilation process - that is they aren't asked to do anything. NeoBook's compiler will copy the plug-in and any required files when building the exe. It's possible that the compiler can't access on or more of the plug-in's files for some reason (anti-virus, etc.). It's definitely worth eliminating plug-ins from the equation to see if they are the source of the errors.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby fkapnist » Mon May 01, 2017 4:06 am

Neosoft Support wrote:I've never seen those errors before, so I'm not sure what to recommend. Those error messages sound like they're coming from Windows. Plug-ins aren't actively involved in the compilation process - that is they aren't asked to do anything. NeoBook's compiler will copy the plug-in and any required files when building the exe. It's possible that the compiler can't access on or more of the plug-in's files for some reason (anti-virus, etc.). It's definitely worth eliminating plug-ins from the equation to see if they are the source of the errors.

I think the errors are from an Internet Explorer (IE Edge) object. My problem is that the messages don't really tell me if the memory-leaking script is directly in the URL source code or maybe in some JS script function that I wrote into a web object (or a combination of both?)... Older versions of the same .pub don't give me the same error messages, so far.

fkapnist

Postby Neosoft Support » Sat May 06, 2017 7:59 pm

I have no idea. Is the pub file extraordinarily large?
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby fkapnist » Tue May 09, 2017 1:06 am

Neosoft Support wrote:I have no idea. Is the pub file extraordinarily large?

The pub file is not long but I have also created an "artificial intelligence" widget in it that takes over and apparently causes a memory leak... If I restart the Neobook main editor everything is ok again.... I will obviously change the bad code (once I can locate it). I don't think it is a flaw of Neobook
fkapnist

Return to General NeoBook Discussions