Source language: Translate to:

NeoBook front end for Macros

General questions about NeoBook

Moderator: Neosoft Support

NeoBook front end for Macros

Postby TMcD » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:18 pm

Anyone using a NeoBook as a front end to run macros/macro software?

I'm looking to do this.

Create EXE macros and trigger them from a nice looking NB front end.

What software/tools do you use for your macros?

* Right now, I'm going through the macro recorders that when compiled to EXE, remain invisible when run.
Some like to show some sort of player stuff. I want it all "unknown" to the user, of what I am using.
TMcD

Re: NeoBook front end for Macros

Postby HPW » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:25 pm

Hello,

Not sure for what you are looking for. Neobook as a GUI for a third Party external macro tool?

I use neobook itself(with some plugins) as a Scripting tool for the ERP-Host System in my job.
neoscript is used as the Scripting language for automating jobs (Also on bot-pc via sheduler).
The only difference to makro-Tools is the fact that I have no script-recorder.
But I can use functions that are not found in most macro tools like testing for graphical response or OCR-reading of error-messages.

Regards
Hans-Peter
HPW

Postby TMcD » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:28 am

HPW wrote:Hello,

Not sure for what you are looking for. Neobook as a GUI for a third Party external macro tool?

I use neobook itself(with some plugins) as a Scripting tool for the ERP-Host System in my job.
neoscript is used as the Scripting language for automating jobs (Also on bot-pc via sheduler).
The only difference to makro-Tools is the fact that I have no script-recorder.
But I can use functions that are not found in most macro tools like testing for graphical response or OCR-reading of error-messages.

Regards

Hmmm.. not sure how to make it easier to understand... :D

1. Create macros that can be run by NeoBook.
2. Macros are created by 3rd party macro recorder/editor.
3. The "macro tool" needs to be able to save the macro, as an exe file (so that NeoBook can just run them.)
4. Most macro recorder/editors I've test so far fall short in one or more of these categories:
(A) Cannot save/create exe.
(B) When executing the macro (exe), it does not run "invisible", it has a player toolbar that shows up while the "exe" macro is working. (This gives away I am using another tool, looks unprofessional and the user could interfere with the macro.)
TMcD

Postby Danito » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:43 am

try rlFunctions by ReynoldLariza

rlHideWindow

SYNTAX: rlHideWindow "[ClassName]" "[AppName]" "[WindowState]" "[Return_var]"

hides a window specified in [AppName] and [ClassName]. [WindowState] stores the state of the last window that is passed, it can be one of the following:

0 = Minimized
1 = Normal/Restore or
2 = Maximized

The [ClassName] can be optional. But I recommend it to be also passed.

The [Return_var] is the handle of window if success, otherwise its 0 if failed.

EXAMPLE:

If we try to execute this code:

rlHideWindow "" "Untitled - Notepad" "[WindowState]" "[Return_var]"

then the Notepad's window will be hidden. Expecting that it is in Minimized state, then [WindowState] will contain 0 and [Return_var] contains 1856 which is the current window handle of Notepad until the next run. Remember the result of [Return_var] here can be different from yours.

Danito

Return to General NeoBook Discussions