Source language: Translate to:

Recommended Programming Language

General questions about NeoBook

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Recommended Programming Language

Postby seanie » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:50 am

Dear NeBookers,

I've decided to take the plunge and study programming.

I gather it's a perennial question: Which programming language is best for beginners?".

My question has a little twist - Which programming language would help me the most with NBook programming? :-)

As usual, thanks for your kind attention.

S
seanie

Re: Recommended Programming Language

Postby Gaev » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:48 pm

seanie:

My question has a little twist - Which programming language would help me the most with NBook programming?

If you want to be proficient with NeoBook, then learn NeoBook's own scripting language ... take a look at the Action Command Reference section in the Help file ... it is also the easiest scripting language that I know of.

NeoBook functions can also be coded in Javascript or VBScript ... and Javascript is the lingua franca of HTML documents ... so, you get a two for one ... especially if you want to graduate to NeoAppBuilder.
Gaev

Postby seanie » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:19 pm

Thank you very much Gaev. Helpful as usual
seanie

Postby Gaev » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:51 pm

seanie:

If you decide to learn JavaScript, here is an excellent place to begin ... https://www.w3schools.com/js/default.asp

w3schools also provides learning resources for a number of associated web technologies ... check them out here ... https://www.w3schools.com/
Gaev

Postby Peter » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:58 am

seanie wrote: Which programming language is best for beginners?

I'm Sorry, but one remark (looking ahead)....

seanie...
The NeoBook is exelent startpoint for beginners to study programming from scratch.
What next?
It depends on what goals you are pursue.and you can determine it by yourself.
In general. if you need a really powerful tool for programming, there is one way only - Delphi or C ++ (or similar), because only these languages will be able to give you realy unlimited possibilities.
Always keep in mind that any scripting language always has very serious limitations.

Regards..
Peter

Postby virger » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:57 am

Yo te diria que ningún otro lenguaje y todos, porqué ?
NB es tan simple y fácil y si comprendes un loop (for..next, while...,loop...) ya estas en gran parte entendiendo a NB. Si a esto le agregas deciciones (if..,case.., goto..,gosub...) ya tenes otra parte importante del lenguaje en NB y si por último comprendes variables, tipo y asignacion listo. Unas acciones paralelas como son las funciones y/o bien las "llamadas" (call...gosub...) ya entendiste NB. Todo esto tambien lo tiene Javascript, VBScript, Basisc, C, C##, etc... NB y su "ayuda" son más que sufientes y si aparecen dudas pides ayuda al foro que con mucho gusto te ayudaremos.

I would tell you no other language and all, why?
NB is so simple and easy and if you understand a loop (for..next, while ..., loop ...) and you are largely understanding NB. If you add decisions (if .., case .., goto .., gosub ...) you already have another important part of the language in NB and if you finally understand variables, type and assignment ready. Parallel actions such as the functions and / or the "calls" (call ... gosub ...) you understood NB.All this also has Javascript, VBScript, Basic, C, C ##, etc ...
NB and your "help" are more than enough and if you have any doubts you ask for help to the forum that we will gladly help you.
COSTA RICA
PURA VIDA
virger

Postby stu » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:16 pm

I used Neobook for about 5 years and build some very interesting tools and applications... It was good. But about a year ago I had to step it up and start working with some C# codebases so took training and now I've been programming exclusively that language for 6 months... I'm still learning, obviously, but I just love it. Also, Visual Studio, its heavenly, syntax highlight, Intellisense, fact you can work out your databases from it, TFS and/or GIT integration, debugging... list is just infinite... if you add to it the power of ReSharper and some UI components (devexpress, telerik) you'll get (quite possibly) the most advanced IDE currently available.

Go C#
stu

Postby seanie » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:02 pm

Gaev wrote:seanie:

If you decide to learn JavaScript, here is an excellent place to begin ... https://www.w3schools.com/js/default.asp

w3schools also provides learning resources for a number of associated web technologies ... check them out here ... https://www.w3schools.com/

This is above and beyond... I'm very grateful :-) Thanks for taking the time to help a fellow traveller!
seanie

Postby seanie » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:05 pm

virger wrote:Yo te diria que ningún otro lenguaje y todos, porqué ?
NB es tan simple y fácil y si comprendes un loop (for..next, while...,loop...) ya estas en gran parte entendiendo a NB. Si a esto le agregas deciciones (if..,case.., goto..,gosub...) ya tenes otra parte importante del lenguaje en NB y si por último comprendes variables, tipo y asignacion listo. Unas acciones paralelas como son las funciones y/o bien las "llamadas" (call...gosub...) ya entendiste NB. Todo esto tambien lo tiene Javascript, VBScript, Basisc, C, C##, etc... NB y su "ayuda" son más que sufientes y si aparecen dudas pides ayuda al foro que con mucho gusto te ayudaremos.

I would tell you no other language and all, why?
NB is so simple and easy and if you understand a loop (for..next, while ..., loop ...) and you are largely understanding NB. If you add decisions (if .., case .., goto .., gosub ...) you already have another important part of the language in NB and if you finally understand variables, type and assignment ready. Parallel actions such as the functions and / or the "calls" (call ... gosub ...) you understood NB.All this also has Javascript, VBScript, Basic, C, C ##, etc ...
NB and your "help" are more than enough and if you have any doubts you ask for help to the forum that we will gladly help you.

Muchas gracias por tus consejos... ¡Pura Vida!
seanie

Postby seanie » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:09 pm

Peter wrote:
seanie wrote: Which programming language is best for beginners?

I'm Sorry, but one remark (looking ahead)....

seanie...
The NeoBook is exelent startpoint for beginners to study programming from scratch.
What next?
It depends on what goals you are pursue.and you can determine it by yourself.
In general. if you need a really powerful tool for programming, there is one way only - Delphi or C ++ (or similar), because only these languages will be able to give you realy unlimited possibilities.
Always keep in mind that any scripting language always has very serious limitations.

Regards..

Thank you very much, Peter. I think I'll start by reviewing the 'NBook language', take the Javascript course, then look at C++. I have my work cut out for me!
seanie

Postby seanie » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:11 pm

stu wrote:I used Neobook for about 5 years and build some very interesting tools and applications... It was good. But about a year ago I had to step it up and start working with some C# codebases so took training and now I've been programming exclusively that language for 6 months... I'm still learning, obviously, but I just love it. Also, Visual Studio, its heavenly, syntax highlight, Intellisense, fact you can work out your databases from it, TFS and/or GIT integration, debugging... list is just infinite... if you add to it the power of ReSharper and some UI components (devexpress, telerik) you'll get (quite possibly) the most advanced IDE currently available.

Go C#

Thanks, stu. You guys are great!
seanie

Postby virger » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:11 am

" I think I'll start by reviewing the 'NBook language', take the Javascript course, then look at C++."

Te apoyo, estoy seguro no te arrepentirás, y si necesitas mi ayuda...aqui estoy. Buena suerte.

I support you, I'm sure you will not regret it, and if you need my help ... here I am. Good luck.

:?
COSTA RICA
PURA VIDA
virger

Postby David de Argentina » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:49 pm

Why not Java ?

Multiplataform, multidevice, etc....
David de Argentina

Postby virger » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:37 pm

Why not JAVA ?
Si sabes programar ok, pero sino la enorme cantidad de librerias con sus funciones y metodos a 'rastrear' se hace muy dificultoso. NB te da "cocinado" una serie de elementos que te 'simplifican la vida', en especial si eres un principiante.

If you know how to program ok, but the huge amount of libraries with their functions and methods to 'trace' is very difficult. NB gives you "cooked" a series of elements that 'simplify your life', especially if you are a beginner.
COSTA RICA
PURA VIDA
virger

Postby seanie » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:40 am

David y virger, les quiero agradecer su aporte. Ya veremos si aprendo mucho jeje ¡Salu2!
seanie

Next

Return to General NeoBook Discussions