Source language: Translate to:

The Missing Target

General questions about NeoAppBuilder - our rapid application development tool for building HTML5, web and mobile apps.

Moderator: Neosoft Support

The Missing Target

Postby fkapnist » Fri May 20, 2016 8:30 am

My two cents. This could solve all the Unicode (UTF-8) problems - and others - without having to change Neobook5 at all...

----

It's a shame shame shame
Shame shame shame
Shame shame on you
If you can't dance too
If you can't dance
- Shirley & Company, 1975

----

:roll:

fkapnist

Re: The Missing Target

Postby Neosoft Support » Mon May 23, 2016 7:47 pm

NeoBook's WebBrowser object is just an encapsulation of Internet Explorer, so the Web Application/Website (HTML) target is the one you want to use. How would a NeoBook specific target differ from regular HTML?
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby fkapnist » Tue May 24, 2016 12:02 am

Neosoft Support wrote:NeoBook's WebBrowser object is just an encapsulation of Internet Explorer, so the Web Application/Website (HTML) target is the one you want to use. How would a NeoBook specific target differ from regular HTML?

Perhaps it could automatically paste the HTML created by NeoAppBuilder into Neobook's Webrowser object, and also its external js and css files in correct path subfolders, so the author doesn't have to copy and paste everything manually. I noticed a program is available that saves objects for re-use in Neobook pubs,
http://highdesertsoftware.com/objectcommander.html
maybe something like that for objects created with NeoAppBuilder...
fkapnist

Postby fkapnist » Tue May 24, 2016 11:43 am

Take Microsoft Word for example. When you insert an image, a rectangle links to your preferred paint program. The rectangle in Word is tainted gray (disabled) until an image is returned. It would be great if Neobook WebBrowser objects of required size could be created and edited by NeoAppBuilder in a similar way. There is a Tools > Configure Tools.. selection in the menu. Or maybe a plugin could toggle data between NeoAppBuilder and a WebBrowser rectangle in Neobook.
fkapnist

Postby fkapnist » Thu May 26, 2016 4:26 am

If I copy 10 HTML documents created by NeoAppBuilder into my Neobook pub WebBrowser objects, I must also copy their external js and css files. Maybe there should be a way to share most of those external files to decrease the size of the final pub ...
fkapnist

Postby luishp » Thu May 26, 2016 12:50 pm

Maybe there should be a way to share most of those external files to decrease the size of the final pub

Completely agree with you
Luis Hernández - SinLios Soluciones Digitales
http://sinlios.com
luishp

Postby fkapnist » Fri May 27, 2016 9:27 am

luishp wrote:
Maybe there should be a way to share most of those external files to decrease the size of the final pub

Completely agree with you

Neosoft should first optimize NeoAppBuilder for their own products instead of for 3rd party products (such as Android). You can be sure that "Win10 Edge" will have its day of glory - or I should say - its decade of dominance, if not more. Are you ready? Google and YouTube have been known to suddenly change API specifications (about every 18 months!), forcing programmers to re-write their apps and webpages. Backward compatibility is not important to those who want to sell brand new developer software (about every 18 months!). Look at their track record, check their history... They simply release a newer version of Chrome, etc., and baa, everyone else is left behind in the dust! It won't happen to your apps? Betcha it will... Meanwhile Neosoft has to make it easy to include NeoAppBuilder HTML into the WebBrowser objects of Neobook without creating a clutter of css and js folders.....
fkapnist

Return to General NeoAppBuilder Discussion