Source language: Translate to:

Printer Plugin

General questions about NeoBook

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Printer Plugin

Postby ajhunt » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:15 am

Hi guys, I remember that there is a professional printer plugin for printers and printing but I just can't remember the name of it - can anyone remember for me. Many thanks for any help in jogging my memory lol. I'm after a command to cut paper when printing is finished like in a strip of photos from a photobooth from a roll of paper not sheets if that helps. Once again many thanks for any help.
ajhunt

Re: Printer Plugin

Postby Neosoft Support » Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:43 pm

You can check the Resource Center (link at top right of forum screen). One option might be to use NeoBookDBPro's Report Designer to create the layout for your project. Photos/images can be added directly to the report (free form style) or come from a database Picture field.

DBPro:

http://www.neosoftware.com/dbpro.html
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby ajhunt » Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:13 am

Thankyou NeoSoft Support, I already have that plugin but I know there is/was a dedicated printing plugin. I'll search about for it as I think that plugin will support my project better but I will have a look again at DBPro's options. I appreciate your speedy response as always.
ajhunt

Postby mishem » Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:24 am

May be RACPrint?
mishem

Postby Wrangler » Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:16 am

tmPrintSys by Al Meyer?
Wrangler
--------------
"You never know about a woman. Whether she'll laugh, cry or go for a gun." - Louis L'Amour

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit
16GB Ram
Asus GTX 950 OC Strix
Software made with NeoBook
http://highdesertsoftware.com
Wrangler

Postby ajhunt » Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:30 pm

Thankyou Wrangler, that's what is was - many thanks for your reply and appreciated.
ajhunt

Postby Wrangler » Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:23 am

Thank YOU. You bringing it up made me go look. I had forgotten about that plugin. Tried to install it, and it told me it already was! Al put a lot of effort into that plug. There isn't a whole lot it won't do. I wish Al and his plugs were back on the scene. Or someone would take over for him since he's sick. It just seems like such a waste to see his plugs disappear with no one to support them.
Wrangler
--------------
"You never know about a woman. Whether she'll laugh, cry or go for a gun." - Louis L'Amour

16GB Ram
Asus GTX 950 OC Strix
Wrangler

Postby HPW » Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:36 am

Hello,

I wish Alberto also the best. Health is the most important thing in live.

>>It just seems like such a waste to see his plugs disappear with no one to support them.

It is on Alberto.
When he get the impression to be not able to do development on his plugin in the future, he could consider to release them to open source.
We do not know if he is able to do even that.

Regards
Hans-Peter
HPW

Postby Wrangler » Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:06 am

I agree, Hans. Maybe those of us who have known him over the years should send him a nice email, telling him we think of him. I don't want to post his email here, but those who know him will have it. Maybe we can get a better understanding of how he feels about his plugins.
Wrangler
--------------

16GB Ram
Asus GTX 950 OC Strix
Wrangler

Postby stu » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:11 am

Wrangler wrote:tmPrintSys by Al Meyer?

I have that plugin you know... but I just cant get my head around it... No documentation so... I can see from the demo that you're able to "draw" objects and text on a blank sheet.. But In my head it just seems so rustic to build an entire report label by label on runtime...

Do you have any experience or have you used it in production ?

Regards
stu

Postby Wrangler » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:52 am

Stu,

I haven't used the plug, even though I've had it installed for quite a while. I've got v4. There are plenty of sample pubs, and a help file. If you would like me to send you the help file, shoot me a PM with your email address, and I'll send it to you.
Wrangler
--------------

16GB Ram
Asus GTX 950 OC Strix
Wrangler

Return to General NeoBook Discussions