Source language: Translate to:

Blog

General questions about NeoAppBuilder - our rapid application development tool for building HTML5, web and mobile apps.

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Blog

Postby HackinHoodLogicsTm » Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:11 am

Please is it possible to send a text file to blog page. Please could this be done with Neobook and how. Thanks
I am proud to be a Neobooker!!!
www.neosoftware.com
Special Thanks To
Mr. David Riley
HackinHoodLogicsTm

Re: Blog

Postby Gaev » Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:04 am

HackinHoodLogicsTm:

You can not upload/attach a file to this forum ... but you can upload the file to your own "space in the cloud" (website, Google Drive, One Drive etc. etc.) ... share it with the world ... and link to it in your forum post.
Gaev

Postby HackinHoodLogicsTm » Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:01 am

Thanks Gaev... But can i use the Neo POST method to post the file (.txt) to my blog's webpage and display the info.

Like if i want to create a post on my blog.

Can i wrote the text into a notepad, save it as a text file and send it to my blog.

That's the guide i need. :?:

Thanks
www.neosoftware.com
Special Thanks To
Mr. David Riley
HackinHoodLogicsTm

Postby Gaev » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:06 am

But can i use the Neo POST method to post the file (.txt) to my blog's webpage and display the info.

When you invoke the InternetPost command, it is like Submiting a Form from a webpage ... in both cases, you need a script (php, ruby, java etc.) running on the website that will accept your POST/Form data ... such a script will then turn around and do a (local) "File Write" on the server where the website is housed.

If your website supports FTP, you can consider using NeoBookFM/FTP plugin to upload your file.

Added later:
I see that you posted this in the NeoAppBuilder forum ... while you can not use the afore mentioned plugin with NeoAppBuilder (only NeoBook), the other considerations about requiring a script on your website to "receive the data and save it as a file" still apply.
Gaev

Postby HackinHoodLogicsTm » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:03 pm

Thanks Gaev. But do u know of how i can combine PHP Code with Neoscritpt.

When you invoke the InternetPost command, it is like Submiting a Form from a webpage ... in both cases, you need a script (php, ruby, java etc.) running on the website that will accept your POST/Form data ... such a script will then turn around and do a (local) "File Write" on the server where the website is housed.

If your website supports FTP, you can consider using NeoBookFM/FTP plugin to upload your file.

Pls i am only sending the file to a blog. Not a website, don't know how to start.
www.neosoftware.com
Special Thanks To
Mr. David Riley
HackinHoodLogicsTm

Postby Gaev » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:46 pm

HackinHoodLogicsTm:

But do u know of how i can combine PHP Code with Neoscritpt.

You can NOT send files to a website unless the website is setup to receive it (otherwise, your website will be bombarded with all sorts of unwanted files) ... the way you control files received on your website is via some kind of script.

NeoBook only works on the client side .... you HAVE to provide your own server side script.

If you want help with such scripts, best if you ask your Internet Service Provider ... or on forums that discuss PHP etc. scripting.

Pls i am only sending the file to a blog. Not a website, don't know how to start.

I use the term "website" in a generic sense ... a blog is just one application/service on a website.
Gaev

Postby HackinHoodLogicsTm » Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:27 pm

Thanks Gaev. I'll figure out things and let's you know the output... Thanks
www.neosoftware.com
Special Thanks To
Mr. David Riley
HackinHoodLogicsTm

Return to General NeoAppBuilder Discussion