Source language: Translate to:

more NeoAppBuilder sample apps needed

General questions about NeoAppBuilder - our rapid application development tool for building HTML5, web and mobile apps.

Moderator: Neosoft Support

more NeoAppBuilder sample apps needed

Postby fkapnist » Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:31 am

Is there a section in this forum with sample NeoBuilder apps? The calculator sample is interesting, but not representative of your typical HTML5 app. I like to learn from examples since I can't memorize syntax. I have a collection of javascript routines that I use depending on what I need, so I don't have to start from scratch. If I had some sample apps I could get into learning NeoAppBuilder.

However I have my doubts about the current mobile (smartphone) fad. I am afraid it might come and go like the Sony Walkman craze which lasted about ten years and then fizzled out. My first doubt (apart from a small screen size) is that you can't really create documents. Try writing a book or editing graphics on a smartphone! The inability to create documents defeats the whole concept of computing and reduces it to a form of entertainment. This leads to a brain drain or dumbing down.

My second doubt has to do with storage space. Mobile devices hardly have any. If you trust a 3rd party to host your data in a "cloud" you are asking for trouble. When a 3rd party claims it will host your data "for free" you can be sure they have found a way to profit from your data. So many security breeches have already occurred (always blamed on unknown hackers). If you don't mind having your personal data stolen, be sure that it will be. And 3rd party hosts have a bad habit of suddenly going out of business and shutting down without much warning (just ask Google how many times it shut down its failed projects).

I think mobile devices are good for people who travel a lot and that the Sony Walkman type of app craze will pass soon. The mobile apps that will survive the test of time will probably be centered around communication (like a basic phone).

Of course, this is only my personal opinion. I may be wrong.

By the way, Sony now makes more money from selling life insurance than from electronics.

:shock:

fkapnist

Re: more NeoAppBuilder sample apps needed

Postby Neosoft Support » Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:13 pm

We absolutely need more sample apps. Maybe some users would be willing to share theirs with the community? We would be happy to provide a place to host them.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Return to General NeoAppBuilder Discussion