Source language: Translate to:

NeobookDB vs NeobookDBPro

Questions about our Advanced Database plug-in

Moderator: Neosoft Support

NeobookDB vs NeobookDBPro

Postby krackerjaxz » Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:14 am

I just noticed that NeoSoft has another database plugin, NeobookDB. I was trying to compare the differences between NeobookDB and NeobookDBPro. From what I gather, NeoBookDB only supports Microsoft databases (mdb) whereas NeobookDBPro supports multiple database formats. In addition, NeobookDBPro has the report generator. Is there anything else that is significant in NeobookDBPro? One main feature I'm looking at is the support of BLOBs. Does NeobookDB support BLOBs? One project I'm thinking of creating would use a database to store program settings and BLOBs. I won't need to generate any type of reports and so forth from the database.
krackerjaxz

Re: NeobookDB vs NeobookDBPro

Postby HPW » Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:32 am

From the neosoftware site:

Add basic database capabilities to your NeoBook applications with this easy-to-use plug-in. Browse and edit dBase format database files (dbf) on-screen or use NeoBookDB behind the scenes to store and retrieve information.

So that is dbf-format (dbase) and not mdb.

Regards
Hans-Peter
HPW

Postby Neosoft Support » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:31 pm

That's correct. NeobookDB supports dBase format only. DBPro supports ADO/ODBC compatible database engines (MS Access, MySQL, Oracle, etc.)
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby Wrangler » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:35 am

The biggest advantage of NeobookDBPro over NeobookDB is that Access db's allow you to create/delete fields and tables on the fly, plus other features. NeobookDB only supports one table per database.
Wrangler
--------------
"You never know about a woman. Whether she'll laugh, cry or go for a gun." - Louis L'Amour

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit
16GB Ram
Asus GTX 950 OC Strix
Software made with NeoBook
http://highdesertsoftware.com
Wrangler

Return to NeoBookDBPro