Source language: Translate to:

NeoBookDX doesn't work .. ?

Questions about NeoBook PlugIns

Moderator: Neosoft Support

NeoBookDX doesn't work .. ?

Postby TMcD » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:43 pm

So I wanted to NeoBookDX to create a specific kind of video player.

I downloaded the demo plugin... and as it says:

NeoBookDX uses the same drivers and codecs as the latest versions of Windows Media Player and supports all major multimedia formats.

Well, it won't play an MP4 file for me, that DOES play with Windows Media Player.

I'm not sure if the NeoBookDX plugin is up to date or it's inaccurate in it's description.... Or, if it's something else. ???

----- ----- -----

Also, there is no mention of it, but since WMP can show subtitles (using a Subtitles file), can NeoBookDX also handle/show subtitles? (I don't want to have to bake my subtitles into the video, for changing language purposes.)

Thanks,
Troy
TMcD

Re: NeoBookDX doesn't work .. ?

Postby Neosoft Support » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:45 pm

Microsoft has changed how Windows Media Player works, so our description of NeoBookDX needs to be updated. In the past, WMP used DirectX/DirectShow (a Microsoft technology) for all of its media playback. NeoBookDX uses DirectX, so generally if WMP could play something then DX could too. Now WMP uses DirectX for some things and apparently other methods for other things. However, you should still be able to play many mp4s with NeoBookDX if you can find and install the correct codec. This codec pack may be helpful:

https://www.mediaplayercodecpack.com/
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Return to PlugIn Discussions