Source language: Translate to:

What if you don't want to use IE11? (5.8.6 keeps running)

General questions about NeoBook

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Re: What if you don't want to use IE11? (5.8.6 keeps running

Postby Neosoft Support » Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:39 pm

Is there a script that can disable Flash in an iframe?

You might be able to create a script to parse the html before the page renders and remove any references to Flash, but I'm not sure if that's even possible.

If Flash is the source of the problem, it might be possible to add an option to NeoBook's web browser object to disable Flash. It would require some experimentation to know if that's possible.

Also the downloaded Webrowser.exe example you have on the Neosoft site does not work for me no matter what IE settings I give it in the registry. Was it compiled with the old IE mode settings?

You're right, the Webbrowser.exe was compiled with an older version of NeoBook so it won't work with Windows 10. I have uploaded a new version compiled with NeoBook 5.8.6. You can download it below:

http://www.neosoftware.com/neobook/modules/pubs/singlefile.php?cid=5&lid=9

It appears that any application using the embedded WebBrowser object that was compiled before Windows 10, will simply not work with Windows 10. And that means every application will have to be re-compiled by the authors.

Unfortunately, any pubs using the web browser object will need to be recompiled with NeoBook 5.8.6 in order to run under Windows 10. For some reason, Microsoft changed something that we didn't anticipate that broke the browser object. Older pubs that don't use the browser shouldn't need recompiling. Microsoft is like a 800 pound gorilla - it does what it wants and all we can do is try to clean up its mess.

Chromium browser engine for Neobook.

Sounds interesting. Has anyone tried this?
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby lmsoftware » Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:31 am

Yes, I think the problem are ads with Flash in it.
I hope Neobook wants to add an option 'disable flash webbrowser'.
lmsoftware

Postby Neosoft Support » Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:38 am

The sooner Flash dies the better:

http://occupyflash.org/
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby fkapnist » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:57 am

Neosoft Support wrote:The sooner Flash dies the better:

http://occupyflash.org/

Some people think that HTML5 is better than Flash and never crashes. Wrong. HTML5 is just as buggy if not worse and Apple recently cleaned out many of its faulty non-Flash apps... The war against Flash is a corporate thing, Apple vs.Adobe..... Apple just loved it when Flash was owned by Micrographics, but when Adobe bought Flash, Steve Jobs started to worry about his monopoly...
fkapnist

Postby Neosoft Support » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:12 pm

Flash used to be cool, but now it's seems to be mostly used for obnoxious ads. :cry:
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Previous

Return to General NeoBook Discussions