Source language: Translate to:

Windows 10 browser not responding

General questions about NeoBook

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Windows 10 browser not responding

Postby fkapnist » Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:00 pm

Under Windows 10, the IE11 browser Tools > 'Windows update' menu feature is broken. It reports: Windows cannot find 'wuapp.exe'
When Neobook is running, the IE11browser is extremely slow loading or it crashes. Generally, the IE11 browser is far worse than in any other Windows version. What happened I wonder? The new Edge browser has no advanced features (a dumb Chrome clone). According to news reports almost nobody who upgraded to Win10 is using the Edge browser... Under Windows 7 the IE11 browser was really the best. Why did Microsoft developers ruin such a good thing?

:cry:

fkapnist

Re: Windows 10 browser not responding

Postby Neosoft Support » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:32 am

Microsoft does really dumb things sometimes. My guess is that they saw some data somewhere about mobile phone usage and literally panicked. The result was the schizophrenic Windows 8. Unfortunately, Windows 10 continues that panic-fueled development process. Mobile phones are very handy and fun tools, but they aren't very useful for most types of traditional work. (Unless your work involves primarily talking on the phone, or you live in an Apple iPhone commercial.)

For me, the giant buttons and ugly interface of Windows 10 have diminished the experience of using a desktop/laptop PC. The interface on a phone looks the way it does BECAUSE THE SCREEN IS TINY! Microsoft want one interface for all devices which sounds good, but the only way to do that is to bring the PC down to the phone's level.

This doesn't explain IE 11's problems, but my guess is that IE development is now handled by the "B" team.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby fkapnist » Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:45 am

Neosoft Support wrote:Microsoft does really dumb things sometimes. My guess is that they saw some data somewhere about mobile phone usage and literally panicked. The result was the schizophrenic Windows 8. Unfortunately, Windows 10 continues that panic-fueled development process. Mobile phones are very handy and fun tools, but they aren't very useful for most types of traditional work. (Unless your work involves primarily talking on the phone, or you live in an Apple iPhone commercial.)

For me, the giant buttons and ugly interface of Windows 10 have diminished the experience of using a desktop/laptop PC. The interface on a phone looks the way it does BECAUSE THE SCREEN IS TINY! Microsoft want one interface for all devices which sounds good, but the only way to do that is to bring the PC down to the phone's level.

This doesn't explain IE 11's problems, but my guess is that IE development is now handled by the "B" team.

Despite all the media hype about Windows10, I am getting a dejavu of Vista (or Visita re press-titues).... The browser object in Neobook works better than IE11, which crashes if running at the same time, and won't work again until you clear the browser cache and history..... Edge is obviously for touch screens with no plugins or real settings... If IE really becomes legacy and is finally dropped what will happen to the Windows browser object? Real Player, for example, uses the IE rendering engine as well as other Windows applications.... When programmers finally realize that a 30 inch screen is better than a 7 inch wrist watch maybe things will be sane again... nobody pays for smart phone apps anyway...

:mrgreen:

fkapnist

Postby Neosoft Support » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:17 am

There are so many programs that use the IE browser, Microsoft probably can never completely get rid of it. What I suspect will happen is they will come out with an alternative and developers will slowly migrate over to that. However, the version of IE included with Windows 10 does appear to have a lot of bugs.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby Enigman » Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:51 pm

Neosoft Support wrote:For me, the giant buttons and ugly interface of Windows 10 have diminished the experience of using a desktop/laptop PC. The interface on a phone looks the way it does BECAUSE THE SCREEN IS TINY! Microsoft want one interface for all devices which sounds good, but the only way to do that is to bring the PC down to the phone's level.

LOL :lol: Can I get an A-men brothers and sisters.

This is what really chaps my nickers about what most large developers and services are doing now. They are all jumping on the "big button" band wagon and turning formerly intelligent and well designed interfaces into whatever they think suits the lowest common denominator of society and technology. It's all part of the dumbing down of America.

For example, PayPal has had a serviceable interface for almost a decade. Now they are trying to force everyone to switch to the "New" interface which is so dumb that no more than two buttons fit on the screen at any time. Every time they flip me into the new interface I hit the "Switch to Classic" button and fill out their 'Why" survey saying "I DON'T WANT A DUMB-ASS INTERFACE FOR PRESCHOOLERS".

The problem is that like good little sheep, the general public now expects the dumb-ass interfaces and then bleets their agreement with baaaaaah ... baaaaah ... baaaaahh ... People have pulled out and flushed that part of the brain that likes intelligent computing.

I really don't like where computing is going ... don't EVEN get me started on "The Cloud" ...
Enigman

Postby fkapnist » Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:51 am

Enigman wrote:
Neosoft Support wrote:For me, the giant buttons and ugly interface of Windows 10 have diminished the experience of using a desktop/laptop PC. The interface on a phone looks the way it does BECAUSE THE SCREEN IS TINY! Microsoft want one interface for all devices which sounds good, but the only way to do that is to bring the PC down to the phone's level.

LOL :lol: Can I get an A-men brothers and sisters.

This is what really chaps my nickers about what most large developers and services are doing now. They are all jumping on the "big button" band wagon and turning formerly intelligent and well designed interfaces into whatever they think suits the lowest common denominator of society and technology. It's all part of the dumbing down of America.

For example, PayPal has had a serviceable interface for almost a decade. Now they are trying to force everyone to switch to the "New" interface which is so dumb that no more than two buttons fit on the screen at any time. Every time they flip me into the new interface I hit the "Switch to Classic" button and fill out their 'Why" survey saying "I DON'T WANT A DUMB-ASS INTERFACE FOR PRESCHOOLERS".

The problem is that like good little sheep, the general public now expects the dumb-ass interfaces and then bleets their agreement with baaaaaah ... baaaaah ... baaaaahh ... People have pulled out and flushed that part of the brain that likes intelligent computing.

I really don't like where computing is going ... don't EVEN get me started on "The Cloud" ...

As computers become more intelligent the user interface will become dumber. In the end there will be no buttons.... It already knows what you want from its stale cookies. Care for some peanut butter? bahaha

:lol:

fkapnist

Return to General NeoBook Discussions