Source language: Translate to:

Browser glitch

General questions about NeoBook

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Browser glitch

Postby DaveJ » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:34 am

I have a database which I build a HTML file from and embed it in my Neobook publication. This is showing several columns of data in a table and it was suggested that I convert it to use the bootstrap framework to make it look better.
This uses Cascading style sheets and it works on my windows 7 machine, my colleagues machine but not a newly built machine. The file that is generated also works if opened in a web browser on the new machine but not in my Neobook application.

Has anyone any idea why two machines will work but not the newly built machine, what could be missing?

Thanks
Dave J
DaveJ

Re: Browser glitch

Postby Neosoft Support » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:11 am

If you're not already make sure you're using NeoBook v5.8.6. This version includes changes to NeoBook's browser which may solve the problem. Details here: http://www.neosoftware.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=21266
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby DaveJ » Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:46 am

Hi Dave,
I'm am using 5.8.6. and all the Windows updates have been installed. As I mentioned IE shows the page fine but not when in my Neobook program just on this machine.
All the different machines show the page fine in IE.
All the machines apart from the new machine show it fine in the Neobook program.

I will check some more. Thanks
Dave J
DaveJ

Postby Neosoft Support » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:21 am

So your compiled pub exe doesn't display the HTML correctly on your PC, but the same exe does work on other PCs?

Do all the PCs have the same versions of Windows and Internet Explorer?

Can you describe what isn't working? Maybe provide some screen captures showing how the HTML looks on different PCs.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Return to General NeoBook Discussions