Source language: Translate to:

Neobook browser and YouTube

General questions about NeoBook

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Neobook browser and YouTube

Postby fkapnist » Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:09 pm

After some checking I don't think the YouTube glitch is caused by the IE registry setting after all. YouTube places a weird font before the title of each video. [WebBrowserTitle] sees it as "?" It might be a layer place holder. I think I might be able to write a script to look for ? as the first letter of a page title and then do a screen refresh (which is needed to load a video from its thumbnail image)... Also, unless the screen is refreshed the video sound will continue to play even though the browser opens other pages... Too many layers in YouTube full of ads.

:?:
fkapnist

Re: Neobook browser and YouTube

Postby Neosoft Support » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:14 am

I don't know why YouTube would need to work this way, but it may be that they don't want anyone display their content outside of a stand-alone browser. Which is ironic since a large part of YouTube/Google's income is derived from willful copyright infringement.

Anyway, I suppose you could use a timer to check the browser's URL for the special character and refresh once if it's found.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby fkapnist » Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:37 am

Neosoft Support wrote:I don't know why YouTube would need to work this way, but it may be that they don't want anyone display their content outside of a stand-alone browser. Which is ironic since a large part of YouTube/Google's income is derived from willful copyright infringement.

Anyway, I suppose you could use a timer to check the browser's URL for the special character and refresh once if it's found.

I found a way to check for YouTube and refresh the page..... but it loops back and refreshes forever... how do I refresh once and break out of the loop?
:shock:

P.S. YouTube re-wrote its API a few months ago. Many websites that displayed embedded video stopped working. The new API sets a limit to how many videos a site can view per day - and then you will be billed to your Google webmaster tools account.... I would rather have a link to the video than pay Google to have YouTube on my site.... the 1% doesn't seem to understand we are still in an economic recession. the 1% buys and sells useless startups to each other, back and forth, and claims the economy is growing. haha

:?:
fkapnist

Postby Neosoft Support » Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:57 pm

I found a way to check for YouTube and refresh the page..... but it loops back and refreshes forever... how do I refresh once and break out of the loop?

What if you store the last refreshed URL in a variable. Then check this against any new URLs and only refresh if it's different.

the 1% doesn't seem to understand we are still in an economic recession. the 1% buys and sells useless startups to each other, back and forth, and claims the economy is growing. haha

That's part of the silicon valley business model. (Along with user-pirated content.)
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby mishem » Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:08 pm

You will definitely Neobook browser should I use?

Try Plug-zmVLC.

zmVLC_en (English version with Russian (!) help).
But to use first read the first post on the forum.
mishem

Postby fkapnist » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:39 am

mishem wrote:You will definitely Neobook browser should I use?

Try Plug-zmVLC.

But to use first read the first post on the forum.

I can't find an English version and I don't speak Russian. What exactly is this?

fkapnist

Postby Neosoft Support » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:16 am

NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby mishem » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:35 am

fkapnist wrote:What exactly is this?

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=20962&p=11216697&hilit=zmVLC#p11216720

http://neobooker.ru/Downloads/Plugins/z ... VLC_en.zip
mishem

Return to General NeoBook Discussions