Source language: Translate to:

Windows 10 upgrade - browser problem

General questions about NeoBook

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Re: Windows 10 upgrade - browser problem

Postby CN_Iceman » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:25 am

The problem was solved, but... now I'm having problems with the help file.

- No scroll bar on the right side.

- Every time I click a link an error message appears.
Greetings/Saludos, Jose.
www.icemansoft.es
CN_Iceman

Postby Wrangler » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:30 am

Wow. I just NOW discovered the same thing myself. It only seems to do it when the help file is called from neobook ide. Works fine if executed outside of neobook. Dave has been alerted.
Wrangler
--------------
"You never know about a woman. Whether she'll laugh, cry or go for a gun." - Louis L'Amour

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit
16GB Ram
Asus GTX 950 OC Strix
Software made with NeoBook
http://highdesertsoftware.com
Wrangler

Postby Neosoft Support » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:06 am

I can't reproduce the problem with the help file here. Nothing about how the help file was created has changed. Using the same software as before, so it shouldn't display differently unless the chm file has become corrupted somehow.

MD5 for NeoBook.chm file: 9e139e6d89cb63cec5149b6d04a618c4

Generated here: https://md5file.com/calculator
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby Wrangler » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:17 am

MD5 matches here. I don't think it's a help file problem, as it works fine when executed using Windows Explorer. Only does it when run from Neobook IDE. Help files are html and the browser object was just updated. Connection?

I'm running win7 and IE 11.0.
Wrangler
--------------
"You never know about a woman. Whether she'll laugh, cry or go for a gun." - Louis L'Amour

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit
16GB Ram
Asus GTX 950 OC Strix
Software made with NeoBook
http://highdesertsoftware.com
Wrangler

Postby mishem » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:40 am

I can't reproduce the problem with the help file here

Confirm. There is no problem with displaying a Help file. Also there are no problems with localized application.
Windows10.

Version 5.8 is planned to add new objects?
I would like Tree, List (property = value), Grid, Progress, SpinEdit, Calendar. + Opportunity on the fly to change the appearance of the mouse pointer, or add to the properties of each object that opportunity.
mishem

Postby CN_Iceman » Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:44 am

Wrangler wrote:MD5 matches here. I don't think it's a help file problem, as it works fine when executed using Windows Explorer. Only does it when run from Neobook IDE. Help files are html and the browser object was just updated. Connection?

I can confirm the same. Help file is OK. The problem is only when run from NeoBook IDE.
Of course I can live with that.
Greetings/Saludos, Jose.
www.icemansoft.es
CN_Iceman

Postby Neosoft Support » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:31 am

Apparently what's happened with the help file is that Microsoft updated the help viewer and Internet Explorer to fix a security hole. The program that we use to build NeoBook's help file uses JavaScript to display the scrollbar. Windows can tell if the help viewer was launched manually by the user or programmatically by an app. The theory is that when launched through an app, the help viewer seems to be disabling JavaScript which breaks the scrollbar. When launched manually by the user it allows JavaScript to run and the scrollbar works.

The zip below contains an updated help file with the JavaScript scrollbar code removed:

http://www.neosoftware.com/software/NeoBookHelp.zip

Replace the NeoBook.chm file in your NeoBook 5 folder with the one in the above zip and the scrollbars should work.

Version 5.8 is planned to add new objects? I would like Tree, List (property = value), Grid, Progress, SpinEdit, Calendar. + Opportunity on the fly to change the appearance of the mouse pointer, or add to the properties of each object that opportunity.

This update is just a quick fix for Windows 10 issues. Once NeoAppBuilder is complete, the plan is to revisit NeoBook. Unfortunately, we don't currently have the resources to do both at the same time.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby FLEUR DE MAI » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:30 pm

le pacth pour win 10 peut corriger le probleme du navigateur mal reconnu mais la version francaise quant sera t elle dispo car la societe ttpfr.com n'a plus l'air d'avoir de site internet.

English Translation:
"patch to win the 10 can correct the problem of evil browser recognized the French version but will it be as available as the ttpfr.com company does not look to have website."
FLEUR DE MAI

Postby Neosoft Support » Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:30 am

We'll post the French patch on neosoftware.com along with the English and Spanish versions.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby mishem » Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:30 pm

We'll post the French patch on neosoftware.com along with the English and Spanish versions.

What should be done to official patch was in Russian?
mishem

Postby Neosoft Support » Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:01 pm

We don't have an official Russian language patch. Do you mean the unofficial Russian patch?
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby Neosoft Support » Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:05 pm

The official v5.8.6 update is now available:

http://www.neosoftware.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=21266
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby mishem » Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:57 am

We have qualitative translation programs Made by Peter.
We have a high-quality translation of Help made by Sergey Ionovym.

In what form can I give you a line so that you added to the program Russian language?

Starting with version 5.8.5 after translation, the program began to work is not stable.
mishem

Postby Tony Kroos » Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:26 am

I guess mishem wants to ask you if it's possible to make Russian language officially supported by Neobook, along with Spanish, French etc and what would you need to make it... and there are already translated materials (string resources, help file) you could use to make a language patch.
Tony Kroos

Postby Neosoft Support » Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:18 am

I am not opposed to creating an official Russian version. However, the way translations are handled in NeoBook is very time intensive. It takes a lot of time to create the translation initially, not just for the person translating the text, but modifying NeoBook to make the new text fit the interface is very tedious. It also adds to the time required for each minor update since each language version must be built separately.

Unfortunately, the number of sales we receive from customers in Russia is currently very small. Would having an official Russian version improve sales? It might, but experience with other languages indicates that it doesn't always increase enough to justify the cost. Also, NeoBook doesn't currently support Unicode which makes working in Russian much more difficult. What I would prefer to do wait for the Unicode enabled version of NeoBook and use a translation method that would allow anyone to create their own translations without the need for us to modify the software. (This is what's being done with NeoAppBuilder.)
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

PreviousNext

Return to General NeoBook Discussions