Source language: Translate to:

Relationship deleting details

Questions about our Advanced Database plug-in

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Relationship deleting details

Postby BRobinsonS » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:47 am

In my new accounting project, I set a relationship for Master (JrHd) and Details (JrDetails) on my transactions page.
Works as expected.

Now I have a page to show Account Activity with relationship with Master (GL) and Details (JrDetails) linked on AccountNo and Account.
But now the Details are being deleted. Don't know why.

Questions:
1. Can more than one relationship exists at same time?
2. Do I cancel the first Relationship before calling the second relationship then re-establish the first relationship?
I tried it but still deletes some/all details.
3. Does scrolling through the master delete details if relationship has no common values?
4. Do I need to be using ShowAll after cancelling the relationship?

Help again is appreciated.
Brian Robinson
'When all else fails, try again!'
www.ComputerSoftwareSystems.com
BRobinsonS

Re: Relationship deleting details

Postby Neosoft Support » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:06 am

1. Can more than one relationship exists at same time?

Yes. A relationship is just a query based on the contents of the common field in the master table. You can have multiple relationships as long as they don't conflict with each other.

2. Do I cancel the first Relationship before calling the second relationship then re-establish the first relationship?
I tried it but still deletes some/all details.

You shouldn't need to cancel the first relationship unless you don't want to use it any more or it conflicts with the second one.

3. Does scrolling through the master delete details if relationship has no common values?

No, the relationship is just a query. It should not delete anything, but if there are no matches the detail table will appear empty just like a query with no results.

4. Do I need to be using ShowAll after cancelling the relationship?

No, cancelling the relationship will automatically call ShowAll for the detail table.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Re: Relationship deleting details

Postby BRobinsonS » Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:45 am

You can have multiple relationships as long as they don't conflict with each other.

I guess I have a conflict.
For My accounting app I have a Journal Table (JrHd) as master and a JrDetails Table as detail with the relationship using Account Number as common field.
I had also setup a relationship with Accounts (GL) as Master and JrDetails as detail using Account Number as common field to restrict activity for each account.

If I start with Journal Entries JrHd/JrDetails page, relationship works. If I start with GL/JrDetails it works.
But if I move to the page with Accounts/JrDetails to view what has happened in each account the relationship is not working.

I tried invoking the Relationship going into each page ending the Relation when I leave the page but still doesn't work.
At this point, I am going to attempt to use the JrHd/JrDetails relationship for Journal Entries and Use Account Number of Account Table (GL) and do a regular Query of the JrDetails table in Grid to restrict the details relating to each account.
Brian Robinson
'When all else fails, try again!'
www.ComputerSoftwareSystems.com
BRobinsonS

Return to NeoBookDBPro