Source language: Translate to:

Report designer bug?

Questions about our Advanced Database plug-in

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Report designer bug?

Postby stu » Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:23 pm

Aloha,

I been trying for a few days to get to the bottom of a problem that's causing a report to display incorrect data.

This is the layout of the report:

Problem comes in the footer, in the handling parameter, it seems to just randomize the amount out of the records pool... In here its displaying £5.7

Now, if I take a look at the data in the database it looks like this:

So it should be £2.2

Out of 500 invoices at least a half has wrong handling... A way of proving that the data source is not the problem is generating the same report in Access (which I hate).

No problem... I did noticed this before but I didn't had time to proof that the problem wasn't coming from the sql query.

(?)
stu

Re: Report designer bug?

Postby Neosoft Support » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:51 am

Try adding a Data Header partition. Even if it's empty, the Data Header has some influence over how the data is processed.

Also, with groups the data may need to be sorted on the Group Header field before running the report so that the data is organized correctly.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby stu » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:23 pm

Thanks for your reply. I already had the data with 'group by' in the Group Header partition, I tried adding a Data Header partition but it worked out the same... :wink:
That's probably the confirmation that there's something not working properly... I could send you a piece of the dataset I'm using and the report if you want to check it out?
stu

Postby Neosoft Support » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:38 am

I could send you a piece of the dataset I'm using and the report if you want to check it out?

If you could send a small sample pub, report file and database I would be happy to look at it. Send zipped files to: info<at>neosoftware.com
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Return to NeoBookDBPro