Source language: Translate to:

NeoAppBuilder Beta Test (Update 15.5.11)

General questions about NeoAppBuilder - our rapid application development tool for building HTML5, web and mobile apps.

Moderator: Neosoft Support

NeoAppBuilder Beta Test (Update 15.5.11)

Postby Neosoft Support » Mon May 11, 2015 6:36 pm

An update to the NeoAppBuilder Beta is available for download below:

http://www.neosoftware.com/neoappbuilder.html

Version 15.5.11 includes the following changes:

 Implemented the Comment/Uncomment command in the code editor’s right click menu.

 Changed how the Delay action works so that it can be used between ShowObject and HideObject actions. This is somewhat experimental, but appears to work well.

 Added a sample app called ShowHideEffects.

 The GotoPage action now works correctly. (This action was inadvertently broken in v15.5.7.)

 Corrected a problem that prevented the Checkbox object’s true-value and false-value properties from working correctly.

 The MoveObject and SizeObject actions now work correctly.

 Editing the Form object’s Success and Fail events and the Dropdown object’s Change event no longer triggers an error message.

If you haven't already, also read about the many new features added to v15.5.7 released on 7 May here.

Please report problems, bugs, suggestions, etc. in this forum or via our online Bug Tracker.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Re: NeoAppBuilder Beta Test (Update 15.5.11)

Postby TinTin » Tue May 12, 2015 1:46 am

Thanks Dave,

Loving the work here - the gotopage fix is a blessing today.

Keep up the good work

;-)
TinTin

Postby DELCO » Tue May 12, 2015 3:24 pm

I do like NeoAppBuilder ! It's getting more and more interesting and powerfull ! Impatient to see the next ! Thank you Dave !
DELCO

Postby PaulTomo » Tue May 12, 2015 3:25 pm

Many thanks for the quick fixes.

There is another odd thing I have just noticed again while testing, I think it's always been there or I'm not understanding quite how it should work.

MessageBox: Display a custom message box and store the selected option as a number (1 for first, 2 for second... or zero for none) in a variable.

I can add the 2 options Yes|No but I can't seem to see how the variable is returned?

When the MessageBox: is executed, I do not see any obvious variable changes or how to perform an action that relates to the results of selecting Yes or No etc.

The new Listbox does not display any of the items from an array or list when run on an Android phone, even though it is populated correctly, it works fine in debug and web based but remains empty no matter how long the Listbox is when displayed on the phone. If you touch the Listbox, this opens a list of the populated items in a rectangle, you also get almost the same with the Combobox, this does display one item but also opens a list of the items in a rectangle when touched. Not sure if it's a bug or just how it is!
PaulTomo

Postby Gaev » Tue May 12, 2015 4:41 pm

PaulTomo:

MessageBox: Display a custom message box and store the selected option as a number (1 for first, 2 for second... or zero for none) in a variable.

I can add the 2 options Yes|No but I can't seem to see how the variable is returned?

When the MessageBox: is executed, I do not see any obvious variable changes or how to perform an action that relates to the results of selecting Yes or No etc.

You create a SubRoutine to receive the value ... I set up a SubRoutine (called gkProcessMessageResponse) with the following ...
Code: Select all
Parameter:

Alias: [responseNumber]
Type: Integer

Code:
AlertBox "You chose ..." "[responseNumber]" ""

Then when I do ...

Code: Select all
MessageBox "Make My Day ..." "Just Pick One ..." "Yes|No|Other" "gkProcessMessageResponse"

... and click on one of the buttons ... the AlertBox displayed 1 for Yes, 2 for No and 3 for Other.
Gaev

Postby PaulTomo » Wed May 13, 2015 9:15 am

Thanks Gaev,

Easy when you know how...
PaulTomo

Postby Neosoft Support » Wed May 13, 2015 2:46 pm

The Alert and Message boxes are still being fleshed out. The problem is that JavaScript does not allow scripts to be paused which means we can't do something like this:

MessageBox "Hello" "How are you?" "Fine|OK|Terrible" ""
If [Result] = 1
AlertBox "Great" "Glad to hear it!"
Else
AlertBox "Sorry" "That's too bad."
EndIf

If you try this you will actually see the AlertBox appear first, then the MessageBox. Unfortunately, this is why we're forced to use a callback subroutine.

The strange thing is that JavaScript's own built-in alert box (jsAlert) actually will pause execution of the script. However, as far as I can tell, there is no way to do that with a custom dialog box.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby PaulTomo » Wed May 20, 2015 4:21 am

Hello again,

looks like I have found another bug!

When using a form to sync data with an SQL database via PHP, the new Check Box is not sending the variable data correctly.

When "Checked" and submitted, it sends the property-name value as "on" e.g. mycheckbox=on - What it should be sending is the value as set for the "true-value" which would be "1", just as it appears in the checkboxes variable e.g. [mycheckbox]

When "Unchecked" or changed from checked to unchecked, nothing at all gets sent when submitted. Here it should be sending is the value as set for the "false-value" which would be "0"

It seems to me to be acting how the Radio Button does?

Thanks,
PaulTomo

Postby Neosoft Support » Wed May 20, 2015 8:34 am

When using a form to sync data with an SQL database via PHP, the new Check Box is not sending the variable data correctly.

Thanks for reporting this. I'll add it to the list.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby PaulTomo » Wed May 20, 2015 2:32 pm

I think there is another odd thing I should also report in on.

I have always thought that since the very first beta release, although Local Storage was available in NeoAppBuilder, it just did not seem to work?

Over the last few days and following the last beta release I thought I'd give it another try and found that during testing and when in Debug mode or using a Web Browser, it still will not work and fails with " Unable to get property 'getitem' " and just stops the code there!

However, I decided to see what would happen if I was to give it a try on a compiled Android app and it worked exactly as it should. I was able to save the data, such as set of delimitated text, with "setitem" and reload it during the next session or restarting the phone with "getitem". Hooray!

My problem now is that due to it failing all the time in Debug mode, I now have to compile and then test any changes on the Android phone, which is not that practical and very slow. Even if I try to use an IF statement and set a variable up to notify that I'm Debugging and try not to run the "get/setitem" part, it still stops at that point. The only way to get it to run in Debug is to comment it out. Which again is no much use as the data needed can only be retrieve by using the "get/setitem" function.

Is there something that can be done to make the Local Storage, set/getitem work properly when in Debug mode?

Thanks
PaulTomo

Postby Neosoft Support » Thu May 21, 2015 11:19 am

Is there something that can be done to make the Local Storage, set/getitem work properly when in Debug mode?

The primary problem has to do with browser compatibility - primarily getting local storage to work with Internet Explorer which we use for NeoAppBuilder's run simulator/debugger. This is still being worked on so there is hope that we can get it to function properly in IE or use some kind of fallback option. However, in the mean time, you can test/debug local storage by running your app in Chrome or FireFox browsers. If you have Chrome/FireFox installed you can launch your app from NeoAppBuilder by clicking the Chrome or FireFox icons on the tool bar. Once in Chrome/FireFox, you can open a debugger, by pressing the F12 key. Look at the debugger console to see NeoAppBuilder actions as they are executed.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby tranqui » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:59 pm

Hi, i just download the 15.5.11 version from the webpage but i get this error.

Thanks in advance.
tranqui

Postby PaulTomo » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:47 am

Yes,

Having returned from 2 weeks away, on checking my installed copy of NeoAppBuilder that was installed when v15.5.11 was first published, it has done the same and now shows the Beta Expired Message too.
PaulTomo

Postby Neosoft Support » Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:58 am

I apologize for the inconvenience. The next update has taken longer than anticipated, but it should be available later today or tomorrow at the latest.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Return to General NeoAppBuilder Discussion