Source language: Translate to:

NeoAppBuilder Beta Test (Update 15.5.7)

General questions about NeoAppBuilder - our rapid application development tool for building HTML5, web and mobile apps.

Moderator: Neosoft Support

NeoAppBuilder Beta Test (Update 15.5.7)

Postby Neosoft Support » Thu May 07, 2015 7:04 pm

An update to the NeoAppBuilder Beta is available for download below:

http://www.neosoftware.com/neoappbuilder.html

Version 15.5.7 includes the following changes:

 Added Listbox, Combobox and Dropdown objects. The items property can be either a static comma delimited list or a single Array variable (or in the future a JavaScript object). With the static list, you can also specify a separate value in addition to the text displayed on-screen. To do this, separate the display text and value with a pipe "|" character. For example: text|value. The variable assigned to the object will contain value of the selected list item. If no value is specified, then the variable will contain the display text.

There are no actions for Listbox, Combobox or Dropdown objects. To create a dynamic list that can be modified at runtime, use an Array variable instead of a static list for the items property. You can then use NeoAppBuilder’s Array actions to add or remove items from the list. Any changes made to the Array variable will be automatically applied to the object. An example app (ListExample) demonstrating this can be found in the Sample Apps folder.

The appearance of the Listbox and Combobox objects is controlled primarily by the browser, so styling options are limited. If appearance is important, use the Dropdown object instead.

Variables can now be used for object style properties (color, border, background-color, etc.). Style properties appear under the Object Inspector’s Style, Hover and Focus tabs.

 Added ShowObject and HideObject actions with optional transition effects (see below).

 Added EnableObject and DisableObject actions.

 The object Visible and Enabled properties now work. However, the Visible property does not hide the object in design mode - only at runtime.

 Added MoveObject and SizeObject actions. New object position and size are maintained between page changes.

 Added PlaySound and StopSound actions. The PlaySound action can be used to play mp3, ogg, wav and aac audio files. However, support for these formats varies depending on what browser/device you’re using. For example, Internet Explorer does not support wav or ogg and FireFox does not support mp3 or aac. Multiple audio files can be played at the same time.

 Added SetObjectStyle and ClearObjectStyles actions. SetObjectStyle can be used to apply CSS styles to individual objects programmatically. ClearObjectStyles removes styles set with SetObjectStyle. Changed styles are maintained between page changes.

 Added GetObjectInfo action which can be used to obtain an object’s computed styles, position or size.

 Added ArraySearch action.

 Added dozens of new special effects both page and object show/hide transitions. Effects are from nzAnimate/Animate.css. Different effects are available depending on whether something is being shown or hidden. (Note: Transition effects will not work from the built-in run simulator under Windows Vista/XP.)

 Replaced the page transition_effect property with enter_effect and exit_effect. This allows different effects to be used for both displaying the new page and removing the old page. The exit_effect applies to the page currently on-screen.

 Added icon-position property to the Push Button object.

 Added text-decoration style property to all objects with text or captions.

 Added meta tags for “mobile-web-app-capable”.

 The HTML code editor now retains line breaks from pasted text and no longer automatically adds <br> tags when the Enter key is pressed. (You can still add a <br> tag by pressing Shift+Enter.)

 Push Button icons now display correctly in FireFox.

 The File > Close/Close All menu commands now work.

 Tool Palette now includes a scrollbar (if needed) when displaying tool captions. (Tool Palette captions can be turned on or off in Preferences.)

 Numerous other minor fixes and enhancements.

Please report problems, bugs, suggestions, etc. in this forum or via our online Bug Tracker.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Re: NeoAppBuilder Beta Test (Update 15.5.7)

Postby luishp » Fri May 08, 2015 2:14 am

Wow! This is a huge update!
NeoAppBuilder is growing up quite powerful and quickly :-)
Thanks for this great effort Dave.
Luis Hernández - SinLios Soluciones Digitales
http://sinlios.com
luishp

Postby David de Argentina » Fri May 08, 2015 9:34 am

Thanks Dave,

But, i can't create or open any .neoapp file.

I received this message:

"The specified process is not found"

Could any reproduce this problem ?

Thanks in advance,

David de Argentina
David de Argentina

Postby Neosoft Support » Fri May 08, 2015 11:20 am

I can't reproduce the "The specified process is not found" error here. I'm not sure what "specified process" that would be unless it has something to do with Internet Explorer. There weren't really any changes in to the IE portion in this update, so I'm not sure what would cause that error. Have you tried restarting your computer?
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby David de Argentina » Fri May 08, 2015 7:16 pm

Sorry Dave, it was my fault.

I had reinstalled Win XP SP3 on my work pc, and i didn't reinstalled IE8.

Now, all appairs fine.

Thanks again,

David de Argentina
David de Argentina

Postby PaulTomo » Sat May 09, 2015 4:05 am

I Like all the new additions, things are really moving along now.

Some of my early and minor findings in this new beta release that may need correcting.

1. GotoPage - No longer works correctly, opens a totally different page to the named one selected.

2. Progress Bar - "value" has been changed to "initial-value" any data or value that was present is no longer there when the ".neoapp" file is loaded into new beta. (It would be nice if as beta progresses and changes are made, things done on the previous beta get converted to the changes in the new beta, save us having to debug something that was fully working)

3. Multimedia - If using the new PlaySound with a variable to play a local or web based file e.g.
Code: Select all
SetVar [Track] "D:\My Documents\NeoAppBuilder\Sample Apps\Pauls-Tests\Music Clips\My.mp3"
PlaySound "[Track]" false

The string held in the variable has the \ seperators removed and will not play.
D:My DocumentsNeoAppBuilderSample AppsPauls-TestsMusic ClipsMy.mp3

4. Form - When I try to make changes to the Success or Fail tab's, I get an Access Violation. Just a space needs to be added to produce the error.

You also get the same Access Violation when adding anything to the Change (Value) tab on new Dropdown Object too.

5. Comment/Uncomment - Although it's available on right click, this still does nothing when selected.

I've noticed a few other things too but this may just be down to my code and other changes that have been made, I'll work out what and report back.

Thanks Again

Paul
PaulTomo

Postby luishp » Sun May 10, 2015 8:38 am

FireFox does not support mp3 or aac

Fortunately it seems FireFox currently supports MP3. :-)
I have succesfully tested an MP3 sound on IE, Chrome and FireFox using the PlaySound command.

I have added some bugs to the tracking system
Luis Hernández - SinLios Soluciones Digitales
http://sinlios.com
luishp

Postby Neosoft Support » Mon May 11, 2015 10:25 am

Another update will be released in the next day or two to correct these issues.

2. Progress Bar - "value" has been changed to "initial-value" any data or value that was present is no longer there when the ".neoapp" file is loaded into new beta. (It would be nice if as beta progresses and changes are made, things done on the previous beta get converted to the changes in the new beta, save us having to debug something that was fully working)

Sorry about that. It's not unexpected with a beta, but we can try to minimize these in the future.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby Neosoft Support » Mon May 11, 2015 11:14 am

Paul,

3. Multimedia - If using the new PlaySound with a variable to play a local or web based file e.g.
CODE: SELECT ALL
SetVar [Track] "D:\My Documents\NeoAppBuilder\Sample Apps\Pauls-Tests\Music Clips\My.mp3"
PlaySound "[Track]" false

The string held in the variable has the \ seperators removed and will not play.
D:My DocumentsNeoAppBuilderSample AppsPauls-TestsMusic ClipsMy.mp3

JavaScript is removing the backslashes because they are seen as escape characters. So what you need to do is either use double backslashes \\ or forward slashes / instead. For example:

SetVar [Track] "D:\\My Documents\\NeoAppBuilder\\Sample Apps\\Pauls-Tests\\Music Clips\\My.mp3"

or

SetVar [Track] "D:/My Documents/NeoAppBuilder/Sample Apps/Pauls-Tests/Music Clips/My.mp3"
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby TinTin » Mon May 11, 2015 3:05 pm

*** Gotopage

Seems I have maybe found a bug - after updating to latest BETA - the gotopage references have changed.. my 1st page is still launching..
but using gotopage "pageA" seems to goto somthing else now "pageC" for example.

I have tested and I can use gotopagenum to get around this for now which is working as it should.

ta
TinTin

Return to General NeoAppBuilder Discussion