Source language: Translate to:

NeoAppBuilder License Preference

General questions about NeoAppBuilder - our rapid application development tool for building HTML5, web and mobile apps.

Moderator: Neosoft Support

What type of license do you prefer for NeoAppBuilder?

Standard software license: You purchase a copy of the software and use it indefinitely. Major updates are released once (or twice) a year requiring an upgrade fee for each.
67%
Recurring license: You pay an annual fee and receive frequent updates at no charge during the license period. The product evolves continuously with new feature added monthly(ish) rather than saving them for major updates. When your annual license is up, you can continue using the last paid for version or renew your license to continue receiving upgrades.
30%
I prefer something else. (explain)
4%

Total votes : 27

NeoAppBuilder License Preference

Postby Neosoft Support » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:55 am

Once NeoAppBuilder reaches the point where it's finished enough that it can be sold as a product, we'll need to decide how it should be sold and what type of license method to use. Please indicate your preference above or make a suggestion.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Re: NeoAppBuilder License Preference

Postby Gaev » Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:30 pm

My "something else" option ...

Similar to Annual Licence ... but prefer a Quarterly subscription plan ... this will make it within reach of greater number of people ... especially in countries with a lower cost of living ... otherwise, everything else applies as in annual plan.

Personally, I can/will pay annually up front ... so perhaps provide both options ... with discount for longer commitment.

I do realize that some people might pay for one quarter just to get the software ... but the "support for licensed users only" policy should deter most serious developers.
Gaev

Postby luishp » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:39 am

I would like to see a free functional but limited version, not just shareware but free and premium versions.
Perhaps with limited export capabilities and/or functionalities, but useful enough to create basic final products.
I think it's quite important for marketing porpouses and to targeting a much more broad customer niche.
Just my thoughts.
Luis Hernández - SinLios Soluciones Digitales
http://sinlios.com
luishp

Postby schmutly » Sun May 03, 2015 5:52 pm

Neosoft Support wrote:Once NeoAppBuilder reaches the point where it's finished enough that it can be sold as a product, we'll need to decide how it should be sold and what type of license method to use. Please indicate your preference above or make a suggestion.

Dave,
In another thread you say:
Neosoft Support wrote:NeoAppBuilder is still in beta test so not all features have been implemented yet. When completed, you should be able to create many types of apps without knowing much or anything about JavaScript. Of course, if you do have experience with JavaScript you'll be able to do advanced things.

So playing with the beta so far seems a fair bit away from having to know little of JavaScript and the more we know the better? The questions and examples asked and worked on in the neoapp threads
have lots of JS,well..it seems so.
Not that its a great issue, I guess, as you say, its still developing and the fact it IS beta so wondering what
'you' think is "advanced things" if we DO know more JavaScript?
I guess there will be a large pool of pre-made code snippets to "EASE" of learning :P, yes?
Rob
schmutly

Postby luishp » Sun May 03, 2015 11:50 pm

So playing with the beta so far seems a fair bit away from having to know little of JavaScript and the more we know the better? The questions and examples asked and worked on in the neoapp threads
have lots of JS,well..it seems so.
Not that its a great issue, I guess, as you say, its still developing and the fact it IS beta so wondering what
'you' think is "advanced things" if we DO know more JavaScript?

I think we the beta testers are trying to do advanced things from the beginning, even without any documentation available yet.
The extensibility of NeoAppBuilder is incredible, and i'm sure to adapt existing JavaScript Libraries to a more easy set of NeoAppBuilder commands will be quite easy and quick.
I'm also quite sure with this tool much more people will find JavaScript easier to understand and learn.
For me as a teacher, NeoAppBuilder is a very interesting opportunity.
Luis Hernández - SinLios Soluciones Digitales
http://sinlios.com
luishp

Postby Neosoft Support » Mon May 04, 2015 6:23 pm

When the scripting language is more complete and there are more objects you will be able to do much more without using JavaScript. However, as Luishp said, being able to make use of the many JavaScript libraries and code snippets available can be very handy.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Return to General NeoAppBuilder Discussion