Source language: Translate to:

The upgrade to Android 5 Lollipop

General questions about NeoAppBuilder - our rapid application development tool for building HTML5, web and mobile apps.

Moderator: Neosoft Support

The upgrade to Android 5 Lollipop

Postby Enigman » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:49 am

Android 4 KitKat users have recently been forced to update to Android 5 Lollipop. :shock: I find the new OS to be a horrifyingly inept and dumbed down version of Android that looks like it was designed for and by three year olds. :cry: Just out of curiousity, will the new OS version affect the AppBuilder?

Thanks.
Enigman

Re: The upgrade to Android 5 Lollipop

Postby Neosoft Support » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:40 am

I haven't seen Lollipop yet, but I don't think it will cause any significant problems for NeoAppBuilder. We're still in beta so if anything does show up, I'm sure it can be fixed. We're not completely up and running with all the Android features yet anyway.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby Enigman » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:02 am

Okie doke.

I absolutely HATE Lollipop. They took away all the nice 3D looking stuff and replaced them with dumb square white boxes. Previous 3D icons are now flat. Everything that was black is now white. Everything that had rounded corners is now squared. Originally nice black or semi-transparent headers are now obnoxious colors. It screams of change for the sake of change and not improvement. They did really mind boggling things like changing the original calculator, which was an attractive charcoal screen with round 3D buttons, shadows, highlights and a defined screen, and now made it a white screen with white boxes for buttons and just a number floating at the top on white. Why? Why take something completely functional and turn it into something that looks like a sketch on printer paper? The whole OS is like that. White blank blah yuck. It literally looks like it was made by Mrs Finsterwall's third grade class. It's yet another OS dumbed down for the lowest common denominator.

Unbelievable. :roll:
Enigman

Postby Neosoft Support » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:17 am

I think they're trying to copy Apple.

Maybe Andriod 6 Bubble Gum Hairball will be more to your liking.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby Enigman » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:41 am

LMAO! ... Cute. :lol:

Seriously, they shouldn't copy Apple. Android people want Android. Apple people want Apple. Never the twain should meet.

But then, Bill gates stole Windows from Apple, so there ya go. :roll: It's a larcenous world we live in.
Enigman

Postby Neosoft Support » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:32 am

...And Apple borrowed/stole their interface from Xerox.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby Enigman » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:15 am

Ahhh the thievery abounds.

Back in the 1980's there was an OS called (you'll love this) "NeoWin" for IBM compatibles. It was made by a small company around the time of MS Windows v1. It had an elegant 3D looking windows design based on the Unix design and it could run on any Intel processor from the 8086 on up, run faster than MS windows, run any DOS or Windowed apps, and take a fraction of the disk space. It was also a free download. I had a copy at work and it was astounding at the time.

I believe MS bought it, then raped and killed it, as is their usual MO. Their assassination was so complete that I can't find any reference to the original product today. How much innovation do we lose to the stifling MS? It was a crime back then and so disappointing.

If you have Netflix there is a series you might like. It's officially called "Halt and Catch Fire", although I don't know why since they never use that term beyond the opening of episode one. The Netflix Icon says "The Battle for CTRL Begins". It's a drama about developing PCs in the 1980's. Very good. Check it out.
Enigman

Return to General NeoAppBuilder Discussion