Source language: Translate to:

NeoAppBuilder Beta Test (Update 15.3.24)

General questions about NeoAppBuilder - our rapid application development tool for building HTML5, web and mobile apps.

Moderator: Neosoft Support

NeoAppBuilder Beta Test (Update 15.3.24)

Postby Neosoft Support » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:27 pm

An update to the NeoAppBuilder Beta is available for download below:

http://www.neosoftware.com/neoappbuilder.html

Version 15.3.24 includes the following changes:

 Selecting the “Variables” command from the Project menu now displays a list of user-defined and special/global variables (see below). A variable selector can also be activated from various editor button bars and context menus.

 Added support for special/global variables. All special variables begin with the “NAB.” prefix. For example [NAB.Time]. Special variables can be accessed from JavaScript code using the $App object. For example: $App.NAB.Time. (Note: $App is a new shortcut that can be used instead of Angular’s $rootScope object.) The selection of special variables is currently limited, but will be expanded in the future.

 The compiler will attempt to compensate when it finds variable names in NeoScript and HTML code that use different case. In most cases it will correct variables names so that they are essentially case-insensitive as was the case with NeoBook. However, if you plan on using variables in both NeoScript and JavaScript, then you should take care to use case consistently since JavaScript is still case-sensitive.

 Added an Object Selector which can be activated from the Action Wizard dialog for parameters that require an object id.

 Added an orientation change event (see Project > Events menu). This event is only applicable to mobile apps, but can be used when running in test mode from within NeoAppBuilder.

 The File List option now correctly displays file names containing Eastern European, Asian and Middle Eastern Unicode characters.

 Made some minor modifications to the HTML editor in an attempt to improve usability. (Still needs work.)

 Corrected a problem that caused the browsers in the Project > Run In Browser menu to be disabled. The run in browser buttons on the button bar were not affected and worked correctly.

 Ans several other minor changes.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Re: NeoAppBuilder Beta Test (Update 15.3.24)

Postby PaulTomo » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:41 am

Hi Dave,

I have installed the new Beta earlier today but now I get an error every time I run any of my test app's, especially if they contain a loop!

I have even tested on the Calculator and this will error too if I click the same number a couple of times consecutively.

This very simple loop flags the error straight away.

A count from 1 to 100 at 1 second intervals.

Code: Select all
Loop 1 100 [cnt]
Delay 1000
SetVar [Test] [cnt]
EndLoop

Although the error in image above is shown, the app still seems to run just fine and without any obvious problems, counting all the way to 100.

Thanks

Paul
PaulTomo

Postby Neosoft Support » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:36 am

I think what's happening is that NeoAppBuilder is trying to make sure that the screen is being refreshed during the loop. Occasionally this collides with something AngularJS is doing at the same time triggering the error. It's not a particularly serious error, so it shouldn't impact an app's performance. Without the debugger, you wouldn't even know if was happening. However, the error indicates that something isn't quite right, and I'm sure it can be eliminated in the future.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby camayal » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:00 am

Excellent initiative! I had used many years Neobook and this project is really good.

Any intention in develop Files and Folders manipulations? I am translating a project for Android and I need to manage Databases, camera and exporting folders.

My best regards
camayal

Postby Neosoft Support » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:12 am

Any intention in develop Files and Folders manipulations? I am translating a project for Android and I need to manage Databases, camera and exporting folders.

Actually anything you can do with JavaScript you can implement in NeoAppBuilder. Working with files and folders is generally not allowed in a webbrowser/JavaScript environment. However, since NAB uses PhoneGap/Cordova we should be able to use the File API to read and write files on Android and iOS devices. See: http://plugins.cordova.io/#/package/org.apache.cordova.file
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby carlos » Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:42 am

Thanks, I will examine that. :D
carlos

Postby smmsamm » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:29 pm

Is there any time for release version? And what is roadway?
smmsamm

Postby Neosoft Support » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:36 am

You can use the current version for your projects if it works to your satisfaction. I can't really give you a specific release date for a "finished' version. NeoAppBuilder is evolving somewhat organically with input and feedback from beta testers. There will be another update later this week. Each update adds new features and capabilities. Eventually we'll reach a point where NeoAppBuilder is complete enough that licenses can be sold, which hopefully will be relatively soon. Of course, software is never really ever completely finished.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Return to General NeoAppBuilder Discussion