Source language: Translate to:

PhoneGap

General questions about NeoAppBuilder - our rapid application development tool for building HTML5, web and mobile apps.

Moderator: Neosoft Support

PhoneGap

Postby jmr » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:31 pm

Really like this new development and if it is anything like as good as Neobook to use when finished then great.

I have some questions:
If you already have an IPhone developer account will you be able to load the file for distribution or will PhoneGap be the only way. Sorry if this is a dumb question but I currently do not develop using HTML5.

With my other development tool I use, I need to use Provisioning / Distribution certificates etc and the App must be suitable for 64bit phones now too. I think this is not a problem with HTLM5 Apps.

Finally will you be able to protect your source code in the delivered file.
jmr

Re: PhoneGap

Postby Neosoft Support » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:33 am

If you already have an IPhone developer account will you be able to load the file for distribution or will PhoneGap be the only way. Sorry if this is a dumb question but I currently do not develop using HTML5.

PhoneGap just handles the compiling for mobile platforms. Once your app is compiled, you can download it and distribute however you like. Android devices allow you to use an app store like Google Play or manually install apps. Evidently, the only way to install an app on an Apple device is through the Apple Store.

For HTML5 apps that will run in a browser, you do not need PhoneGap at all. NeoAppBuilder handles the compile process itself.

With my other development tool I use, I need to use Provisioning / Distribution certificates etc and the App must be suitable for 64bit phones now too. I think this is not a problem with HTLM5 Apps.

For Android, iOS and Windows Phone, you can obtain certificates and/or signing keys from either Apple, Google or Microsoft. These can be added to your PhoneGap account and will be used when compiling your apps. More here: http://docs.build.phonegap.com/en_US/signing_signing-android.md.html#Android%20Signing

Finally will you be able to protect your source code in the delivered file.

Since we're working with HTML, CSS and JavaScript, the options here are not perfect. We're looking at various methods for minimizing and obfuscating the code, but that's not really hack-proof. Of course, no copy protection is ever really completely hack-proof.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby jmr » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:19 pm

Thank you for the detailed response....

Regarding copy protection. I think just preventing casual copying and duplication of your hard work is sufficient in most cases .. anything is better than nothing and of course nothing could be 100% effective against the determined.

Thanks again.
jmr

Postby Neosoft Support » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:30 am

Regarding copy protection. I think just preventing casual copying and duplication of your hard work is sufficient in most cases .. anything is better than nothing and of course nothing could be 100% effective against the determined.

I agree.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Return to General NeoAppBuilder Discussion