Source language: Translate to:

NeoAppBuilder Beta Test (Update 15.2.26)

General questions about NeoAppBuilder - our rapid application development tool for building HTML5, web and mobile apps.

Moderator: Neosoft Support

NeoAppBuilder Beta Test (Update 15.2.26)

Postby Neosoft Support » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:22 pm

An update to the NeoAppBuilder Beta is available for download below:

http://www.neosoftware.com/neoappbuilder.html

Version 15.2.26 includes the following changes:

 Corrected problem that prevented the Container object’s html property from displaying.
 Made further adjustments to improve display of auto-sized apps on mobile devices.
 It’s now possible to use a variable as the source property of an iFrame object. You must use only a single variable. (You cannot use multiple variables or combine the variable with other text.)
 The numeric input object now accepts keyboard input on FireFox.
 The input object’s change event now works correctly, but the object must have its variable property assigned or the event won‘t fire.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Re: NeoAppBuilder Beta Test (Update 15.2.26)

Postby Gaev » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:44 am

Dave:

It’s now possible to use a variable as the source property of an iFrame object. You must use only a single variable. (You cannot use multiple variables or combine the variable with other text.)

Confirmed

The numeric input object now accepts keyboard input on FireFox.

Confirmed

Corrected problem that prevented the Container object’s html property from displaying.

1) when I enter this ...
Code: Select all
some <b>bolded</b> text
for the html property, it displays the rich text ... but if I define the html property as [txtContainer1] ... and then do this for the click event of a Push Button ...
SetVar "[txtContainer1]" "this is some <b>bolded</b> text"
... it displays it all as plain text (tags and all).

Question: Is there any way (during design stage) to click on a gadget ... and know what "type" of gadget it is ? ... after I change the gadget's names (from say PushButton2 to something like LoadHTML), it is difficult for me to come back to the gadget and figure out what it is ... Containers, IFrames, PushButtons all look the same to me.

Observation: Again, during design stage, whenever I try and move the location of the gadget by dragging it with my mouse ... as soon as i start the drag, the rendering of the gadget disappears ... no border, no blue dots ... looks like there is a solid white background ... but difficult to see over the white background ... is there something I can do about this ? ... other than just use the arrow keys to move the gadget ?
Gaev

Postby David de Argentina » Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:11 pm

Hi Dave,

Nice work !

ScrollBars of a container does not work properly with Android 2.2.1 (Froyo)
Works fine with Android 4.0.4 (IceCreamSandwich)

Greetings from Buenos Aires,
David de Argentina
David de Argentina

Postby Neosoft Support » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:04 pm

... but if I define the html property as [txtContainer1] ... and then do this for the click event of a Push Button ...

If the Container's html property contains only a variable, then I think it could be made to interpret that as html. However, if it contains a mixture of text and variables then it wouldn't work. That's because the html code written by the compiler would need to be different depending on whether the Container's html property is just a simple variable (like [txtContainer1]) or something complex like "<p>The name you entered is [Name].</p>".

On the other hand, if you want to completely replace the inner html of an object, you can always do this instead of using a variable:

SetObjectHTML "Container1" "this is some <b>bolded</b> text"

Question: Is there any way (during design stage) to click on a gadget ... and know what "type" of gadget it is ? ...

I can see how that might be a problem. When you select something it will be highlighted in the object list. You can tell what type it is by looking at the icon next to the object's name. If you have a suggestion for another way to identify objects, I can look into it.

Observation: Again, during design stage, whenever I try and move the location of the gadget by dragging it with my mouse ... as soon as i start the drag, the rendering of the gadget disappears ... no border, no blue dots ... looks like there is a solid white background ... but difficult to see over the white background ... is there something I can do about this ? ... other than just use the arrow keys to move the gadget ?

You should see a ghosted image of the object being moved - at least that's what I see here. If you're not seeing anything when moving object, then it could be a Windows XP specific issue, in which case we can make allowances for that in the next update.

ScrollBars of a container does not work properly with Android 2.2.1 (Froyo)
Works fine with Android 4.0.4 (IceCreamSandwich)

You're using the overflow property to add scrollbars to the container? I think this is a bug in Android versions prior to 3.0 (RainbowCatBarf): https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=6864
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby Gaev » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:49 pm

Dave:

On the other hand, if you want to completely replace the inner html of an object, you can always do this instead of using a variable:

That is good enough for me ... and it works as advertised.

When you select something it will be highlighted in the object list. You can tell what type it is by looking at the icon next to the object's name.

Oops ... didn't notice them ... was only looking at the text labels of the objects.

If you have a suggestion for another way to identify objects, I can look into it.

No, there are a dozen more important things for you to address for now.

You should see a ghosted image of the object being moved - at least that's what I see here. If you're not seeing anything when moving object, then it could be a Windows XP specific issue, in which case we can make allowances for that in the next update.

There is no ghosted image ... but after I posted my observation, I changed the color of the grid lines ... and the lines provide a better contrast for the white rectangle representing the object being moved.

If it is just a Windows XP issue, I would just leave it for now ... XP will disappear before I seriously need to move stuff around.
Gaev

Return to General NeoAppBuilder Discussion