Source language: Translate to:

mp4 playback

Questions about NeoBook PlugIns

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Re: mp4 playback

Postby frednet » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:52 pm

dec wrote:Hello,

I am working on a Windows 32 bits. Note the DLL have a "DRM version". I am in Spain and run an spanish Windows version. :?:

Are you tried with different MP4 files?

Yes I have tried everything my edit system can make and several downloads.
I will try to get hold of some 32bit win 8 system to see if that helps to pin down the issue, might take some time.

sofar I have tested another 8.1 64 bit no nbdx mediaplayer yes
    windows 7 professional 64 bits no nbdx mediaplayer yes
    windows 7 enterprise 32 bits no nbdx mediaplayer yes
    laptop win 8.1 64 bit nbdx YES mediaplayer Yes This laptop has a third party codec pack from mediaplayercodecpack.com

So my gues is that neobook dx will not playback mp4 even if windows mediaplayer is installed and works fine with mp4.
Only if some kind of third party codec is added neobook dx finds its way around mp4.

Thanks for the help David
frednet

Postby dec » Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:38 pm

Hello,

Maybe you have reason Fred... I just remember that I do not install K-lite codecs (or any other) here in my Windows 10 laptop, then I try to reproduce an MP4 file here with NeoBookDX and Windows Media Player. NeoBookDX do not recognize the file format, even when Windows Media Player can reproduce it. Then I can imagine that for some reason NeoBookDX do not take the Windows Media Player MP4 codec in this case, I don't know why, maybe because the reason that Dave explain above.

Anyway, I continue thinking that a possible solution can be to install a thirdparty MP4 codec...

P.S. I have installed the VLC player too and this program can also reproduce the MP4 file.
Enhance your NeoBook applications!
57 plugins, 1113 actions and 230 samples
NeoPlugins website: www.neoplugins.com
dec

Postby frednet » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:19 am

For those that want to test I prepared a short mp4 file http://www.frametoframe.nl/tijdelijk/atesthd.mp4 and the neobook exe http://www.frametoframe.nl/tijdelijk/neobookdxtest.exeto play it.

Am I right to think that neobook dx is a wrapper for windows mediaplayer like the mediaplayer David de ARgentina created?

That would work like the zmvlc plugin for VLC mediaplayer.

I have been using Wmv files for the last few years but I prever mp4.
Wmv has some colorspace issues and is loosing market share rapidly.
Mp4 won the battle. Even the broadcast market is widely dominated by all kinds of mp4 flavors.
So I hope its just a small bug in neobook dx that can be fixed.
frednet

Postby dec » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:19 am

Hello,

I can reproduce the file here in Windows 8.1 32 bits, K-lite Mega Codec installed:

The file can't be reproduced in Windows 10 32 bits, without K-lite Mega Codec. For some reason we can't use the codec used by Windows Media Player, maybe some DRM issue like you suggest Fred.

Since I have the VLC player installed here, and they can reproduce MP4 files, maybe some way exists in order to allow an application to use their own installed codecs, and do not share with others.

On the other hand I am sure if something like K-lite Mega Codec are installed then NeoBook are capable to reproduce MP4 files between others. Maybe this can be at least a possible solution for you. ;)
dec

Postby frednet » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:01 am

On the other hand I am sure if something like K-lite Mega Codec are installed then NeoBook are capable to reproduce MP4 files between others. Maybe this can be at least a possible solution for you. ;)

Unfortunately installing software on client computers is not a good idea. I use neobook to distribute HD video on a dvd. I really don.t want to leave anything behind....
frednet

Postby dec » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:25 am

Hello,

I can understand, Fred, however, a codec it's not some "normal" software. Imagine that you want to distribute Zip files without provide the users with a Zip decompressor tool. I think the MP4 codec can be more or less similar. If you want to distribute MP4 files, you need to provide the right tool (a codec) capable to reproduce it. I am not talking about installing the entire K-lite Mega Codec Pack, but just the appropiate codec if possible.

It's truth that Windows Media Player can reproduce MP4 files, however, may their codec it's not shared with other applications, and therefore, other applications can't use it. I think NeoBook can't do too much if Windows Media Player refuse to share the MP4 codec and no other codec are available in the system. I know that the VCL player, for example, is distributed with some MP4 and other codecs, may because cannot rely on Windows Media Player.

The mentioned projects: K-lite and VLC are open source, then maybe here is a chance to get more information about the specific codec used and how to install it when needed. Probably you no need to install anything, but provide some DLL with your application and probably register it into the system. If your application are uninstalled you can unregister the codec DLL, in order to maintain the user PC clean and free of garbage.
dec

Postby Neosoft Support » Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:00 pm

It could be a 32bit/64bit issue. I believe that codecs come in both 32bit and 64bit versions. Since NeoBook and DX are 32bit, they probably will only work with 32bit codecs. Perhaps some 64bit editions of Windows do not ship with 32bit codecs.

However, I don't think installing a required codec with your software is a problem. It's no different than installing a dll, font, driver, etc. Programs do that all the time.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby CN_Iceman » Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:18 pm

I'm K-Lite Codec user also, but I made some tests with the FFMpeg libraries and the results are good.

http://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/

You can compile the ffplay.exe (64 or 32 bits) on your exe with no need to install any files. The only problem is the size... The 64 bits version of ffplay.exe is a 30,9MB file and the 32 bits size is 28,1MB.
Greetings/Saludos, Jose.
www.icemansoft.es
CN_Iceman

Postby mishem » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:13 pm

Alternatively, I can offer another try plugin zmWMPLayer

topic:

zmWMPLayer

plugin:

zmWMPLayer
mishem

Postby Peter » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:18 am

frednet wrote:

Unfortunately installing software on client computers is not a good idea. I use neobook to distribute HD video on a dvd. I really don.t want to leave anything behind....

Note that VLC uses its own codecs, and these codecs are not registered in the system.
It allows you to play media files regardless of system's codec configuration.
Plugin zmVLC does not require the presence of installed VLC, it only needs the VLC libraries, which can be located in any folder on the user's computer.
But, this requires distribution VLC libraries with your application is about 14 MB (full set of libraries) in Packed condition.
zmVLC NOT ActiveX version (it's embedded), and can be uses either to the already installed VLC in the end-user's system, or for standalone VLC libraries, it is optional.
The plugin is currently in development (Russian version), but I can do an English version, if needed.

At present time the plugin provides the following basic features:
- playback of local video and audio media files and DVDs;
- play streaming video and audio content from the Internet (network broadcast);
- management modes: play, pause, stop, frame-by-frame viewing;
- adjust the volume:
- control playback position (if available);
- adjust the playback tempo;
- adjust the scale and aspect ratio of the video image;
- full-screen viewing mode;
- adjust brightness, contrast, saturation, hue, and color gamut of a video picture;
- eliminate the interlacing of videosource;
- a snapshot of the current video frame with save the image in an external file;
- switch audio tracks for DVDs or video files;
- software navigation titles and episodes on DVDs.or video;
- read the metadata (tags) to the current local media files or streaming content from the Internet.

And it's for free.

Download Plugin link: _http://neobooker.ru/Downloads/Plugins/zmVLC.zip (it's a last russian version)
VLC libraries: _http://neobooker.ru/Downloads/Plugins/VLC208.zip
Peter

Postby frednet » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:22 pm

For the multichannel playback software I developed the vlc plugin looks promising.
Also the other options mentioned leave much to think about. It also means rethinking distribution of hd content.
For some clients HD is not good enough anymore (virtual reality stuff)and Bluray is dead in the water.
I'll stick to wmv for a while and start testing other options, thanks
frednet

Postby Palamar » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:19 am

This plugin is very interesting !, and of be free much more !, the link is broken, can anyone pasamelo ?. Thank you!
Palamar

Postby Palamar » Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:54 pm

Incidentally, this plugin is still in development , its use is free , I can upload it along with other TNA ? ... Thank you for development!
Palamar

Postby mishem » Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:28 pm

mishem

Postby Palamar » Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:33 pm

mishem thanks again , you need to have VLC installed ?, and you must use the libraries that you provide ( the VLC ) ?. If sun wonder if the plugin works. Sorry, translation from Russian is complicated.
Palamar

PreviousNext

Return to PlugIn Discussions