Source language: Translate to:

Storing files locally on a mobile phone.

General questions about NeoAppBuilder - our rapid application development tool for building HTML5, web and mobile apps.

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Storing files locally on a mobile phone.

Postby PaulTomo » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:04 am

I am currently having to store my testing samples, txt files etc on the web and use the GET function to load in to the test apps as I'm not yet, personally, able to work out another way or how to save to and load in to the app from within the phone.

Code: Select all
BeginJS
 var req = new XMLHttpRequest();
  req.open('GET', 'http://mywebsite/My.txt', false);
  req.send(null);
  if (req.readyState==4) //alert(req.responseText);
  $rootScope.MyVar = req.responseText;
  $rootScope.MyArray = $rootScope.MyVar.split("\r\n"); //Put seperator in() , etc
EndJS

This is the type of thing I have been testing, I have a text file that I want to use and split in to several useable variables to display within the app This works just fine but I would rather the files were saved along with the app when complied and it was possible to load them direct from the phone, rather than the web as I'm currecntly doing! Then the app could still be used when the phone is not connected to the internet as it needs to be now.

Any suggestions on how to achieve this or it this something that will come later on during development.
PaulTomo

Re: Storing files locally on a mobile phone.

Postby Neosoft Support » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:26 am

The "Libraries" page in App Properties is supposed to be for including external files into an app, but it's not yet fully implemented. When finished it will work somewhat like NeoBook's embedded files. You will need to first add the file to the Library then use a special identifier when referencing the file in your JavaScript code. Another beta is planned for next week, and I will try to include this feature if I can.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Return to General NeoAppBuilder Discussion