Source language: Translate to:

More actions ?

General questions about NeoAppBuilder - our rapid application development tool for building HTML5, web and mobile apps.

Moderator: Neosoft Support

More actions ?

Postby bingo » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:54 pm

Hello,

I feel stupid to ask this but, in the future, will NeoAppBuilder include more actions or would we have to create all the code using JavaScript ? Asking this because (you already understood of course), I wonder what we could really do with that as it is. I am probably wrong, of course as many of you have already developed some great apps.

Thanks
bingo

Re: More actions ?

Postby Gaev » Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:00 pm

bingo:

The fastest way to "deliver actions" is via Javscript Functions ... place them all in a single file that is included with the App ... then invoke them with code like ...
Code: Select all
BeginJS
   mySuperJavascriptFunction(param1,param2,,param4)
EndJS

... and if you are not comfortable with Javascript syntax, this code can be part of a Subroutine ... note that Subroutines in NeoAppBuilder can accept parameters (similar to NeoBook Functions) ... so you can code ...
Code: Select all
mySuperNeoBookRoutine param1 "param2" "" "[param4]"

... and have the subroutine do the translation.

So, to turn the question around, what are "actions" that you (and others) need ? ... perhaps, the "most requested functionality" can be provided by the community.
Gaev

Postby bingo » Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:04 pm

Hello Gaev,

I do thank you for having taken the time to clear things. In fact, I was lost and it is clearer now : I'll have to learn JS.

For example, after the first and classic "Hello World", I had the bad idea to test a project with a button, a field and to recover my IP from an existing web service. And guess what : I did not find the way to recover the data from the web service. With Neobook, it was so easy.

Well, I will study how to code with JS. Thanks a lot again :D
bingo

Postby DELCO » Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:29 pm

May be actions like access to sensor of the phone or tablet, gps, camera, etc...
DELCO

Postby Neosoft Support » Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:35 pm

There will definitely be more built-in actions and objects added the the program. This is really a pre-beta so not all features have been implemented.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby bingo » Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:37 pm

Thank you Dave : it will be greater so :D
bingo

Postby DELCO » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:20 am

Hi Dave !
We do appreciate your hard work ! Thank you !!!
DELCO

Return to General NeoAppBuilder Discussion