Source language: Translate to:

Access lookups and relationships question

Questions about our Advanced Database plug-in

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Re: Access lookups and relationships question

Postby stu » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:02 am

Gaev wrote:1) you do not need to use external facilities to create the view that he suggested ... you can supply the SQL commands within dbpExecSQL.

Yeah, I figured the use of an external tool might confuse things a little but I would also like to point that with the aid of tools like Navicat, db forge or MySQL Workbench things than be a whole lot easier. I would recommend to build the whole database first with one of such tools, including the views and then start working on the frontend.

I see how djpilot might be having trouble finding his way around with the whole view thing... I would highly suggest to incorporate an external database manager to the development process...
stu

Postby dpayer » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:51 am

stu wrote:
Gaev wrote:1) you do not need to use external facilities to create the view that he suggested ... you can supply the SQL commands within dbpExecSQL.

Yeah, I figured the use of an external tool might confuse things a little but I would also like to point that with the aid of tools like Navicat, db forge or MySQL Workbench things than be a whole lot easier. I would recommend to build the whole database first with one of such tools, including the views and then start working on the frontend.

I see how djpilot might be having trouble finding his way around with the whole view thing... I would highly suggest to incorporate an external database manager to the development process...

I have also found that using the tools within Microsoft Access to analyze a query it generates by viewing the SQL has helped me with proper syntax.

If people are looking for ways to create the SQL statements that DBPro will execute in Access, I suggest using the application to help you create the logic of the SQL statements.
David Payer
Des Moines, Iowa
USA
dpayer

Postby stu » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:10 am

dpayer wrote:
stu wrote:

I have also found that using the tools within Microsoft Access to analyze a query it generates by viewing the SQL has helped me with proper syntax.

If people are looking for ways to create the SQL statements that DBPro will execute in Access, I suggest using the application to help you create the logic of the SQL statements.

OMG! I absolutely skipped the fact that he might be using Access, is he?... Right, that being the case I'm totally out of topic... :|

Nevertheless, Don't use Access. (that's a joke).
stu

Previous

Return to NeoBookDBPro