Source language: Translate to:

npMsgs inquiry

Questions about NeoBook PlugIns

Moderator: Neosoft Support

npMsgs inquiry

Postby stu » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:56 pm

Has anyone else used this plugin to develop applications of a somewhat advanced level?

I think its awesome, I have it working on a 400 pcs network for testing and it responds quite good... So maybe the question is just out of lack of talent... I dont know, would it be possible to develop some sort of 'internal' messaging system where folks will be able to have a list of contacts and reach them somehow?, is that possible with this plugin?

I was thinking of a project I saw around while ago I think it was @David de Argentina the one that was working on some sort of messaging system... (?)

What are the odds against oneself (Neobook coder) of coming up with a messaging system? I think thats the post in a nutshell...

Thanks.
Microsoft Access hater.
stu

Re: npMsgs inquiry

Postby dec » Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:37 pm

Hello,

stu wrote:(...) I think its awesome, I have it working on a 400 pcs network for testing and it responds quite good...

That's amazing. But may you need to take care with somethings before start. Firstly the 255 characters "limitation" when send strings. And secondly (and probably most important) the possible problems to send and receive non ANSI characters. To be honest the plugin (and the component in which this is based) are not specifically designed to create a complete messaging system, but to "simply" communicate two or more applications in a more basic way, like send well know commands (not too large strings really) in order to do somethings.
Enhance your NeoBook applications!
57 plugins, 1113 actions and 230 samples
NeoPlugins website: www.neoplugins.com
dec

Postby stu » Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:19 pm

Oh ok, no that's all good... Character limitation can be caped...

Plain text its good and its mainly because, let say, 40% of this network communicates on a daily basis by using Skype when they are all in the same network. Pointless. But I was thinking on doing something about it with this resource... So simple plain text and char limit its totally ok... Contact list its in a way the biggest challenge...
Microsoft Access hater.
stu

Postby David de Argentina » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:20 pm

Two possible solutions:

a) Install your own chatter server. You can determine the number of users and another tunning services. You can use NeoIRC in order to create a Client chat console.
More info:

http://www.neosoftware.com/neobook/modu ... =3&lid=126

b) If each pc has a fixed ip, you can use NeoChat plugin in order to comunicate pc to pc. If not, you can create a table into a server to keep data what user is using each pc. The rest is easy. you could use the table info to send messages to another pc.
More info:

http://www.neosoftware.com/neobook/modu ... d=3&lid=50

My (14X) devaluated cent,
David de Argentina
David de Argentina

Return to PlugIn Discussions