Source language: Translate to:

Report Designer updates/alternatives

Questions about our Advanced Database plug-in

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Report Designer updates/alternatives

Postby stu » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:39 pm

Hello!

I'been working with Access and VBA against my will for the past few months and its been a painful experience so far. I guess that's why they say that old parrots never learn to talk.

Anyway, one of the things that I do appreciate about the whole thing is the richness of the reports, you really can stand up with your report design while working with Access databases. Also, its been my constant desire to see more options to build professional reports withing Neobook (Page header, page footer, report header, report footer, grouping options, etc.), so the question I have is if there's any plans to update the current Report Designer or if anyone knows of any alternative library that would aid the creation of better reports for Neobook?

I know NB devs are having a hard time already with all of us waiting for the next gen NB and also waiting to see any update for NB so its not at all a request, I just thought of asking. :)
stu

Re: Report Designer updates/alternatives

Postby Neosoft Support » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:46 pm

You might take a look at David de Argentina's VBScript function for printing MS Access reports from within NeoBook:

http://www.neosoftware.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=18282
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby stu » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:57 am

Looks very good... I will be testing for sure...

I also been researching a bit and I find out there's quite a big universe of specialized software for reporting... I still havent managed to take a pick and test how to integrate (in a way) with dbpro and specially Neobook, if the transition is good I will be posting my experience here.

btw, this is the list I been going through, free and paid alternatives...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_reporting_software

:D
stu

Postby Neosoft Support » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:56 am

Great! Let us know what you find out. I would think that some (if not all) of those reporting tools should be able to coexist with DBPro.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby stu » Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:07 am

So... Update on this subject...

I tried a lot and I had many good experiences coming from the free software world, I think the one I like the most its http://www.next-reports.com/...

But after that it all comes back to the same... There is no way of using these reports from Neobook so you need to open them from a different platform, which is very not user friendly...

So in conclusion, there's a lot of pretty reporting services going on, but implementing in Neobook its not an option, especially when you need to input parameters before generating the final report.

That's my experience...
stu

Return to NeoBookDBPro