Source language: Translate to:

Windows 8 date format

Questions about our Advanced Database plug-in

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Windows 8 date format

Postby BRobinsonS » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:35 pm

I don't use Windows 8 but I have customer who does.
Recently installed a NB program I developed which works find on Windows 7
I have date fields in the MDB file.

Using:
dbpPopupDateSelector "Left=250;Top=100;InitialDate=;DateFormat=m/d/yyyy" "[AddrBook.Contacts.ActiveDate]"

Field validation mask for date field
!90/90/0000

Tried changing date format in Control Panel for Windows 8 but still does not paste the month/day/year correctly.
Again, it works fine in Windows 7.

I also noticed although I changed the Windows Date format that the date field I have at the bottom of a report shows the format line 2014-08-12 but on Windows 7 shows as expected 8/12/2014 ???

Any suggestions?
Brian Robinson
'When all else fails, try again!'
www.ComputerSoftwareSystems.com
BRobinsonS

Re: Windows 8 date format

Postby Gaev » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:07 pm

Brian:

Using:
dbpPopupDateSelector "Left=250;Top=100;InitialDate=;DateFormat=m/d/yyyy" "[AddrBook.Contacts.ActiveDate]"
... try ...
Code: Select all
dbpPopupDateSelector "Left=250;Top=100;InitialDate=;DateFormat=m/d/yyyy" "[selectedDate]"
AlertBox "selectedDate" "[selectedDate]"
... which will tell you the format of the date returned by the Date Selector ... unrelated to the database.

Post your results here.

!90/90/0000
... not sure where you are using this (if the result of the Date Selection is saved directly in a database filed of the current record)

Tried changing date format in Control Panel for Windows 8 but still does not paste the month/day/year correctly.
In my experience ... on a Windows XP machine ... and whatever version of Access/Jet DB Engine that came with it ... the DB engine did not honor the the date format in Control Panel for Windows ... always used m/d/y
Gaev

Postby BRobinsonS » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:43 am

... try ...

Code: Select all
dbpPopupDateSelector "Left=250;Top=100;InitialDate=;DateFormat=m/d/yyyy" "[selectedDate]"
AlertBox "selectedDate" "[selectedDate]"

... which will tell you the format of the date returned by the Date Selector ... unrelated to the database.

Post your results here
The selected date shows right, but I can't test it on Windows 8 because I don't have a Windows 8 computer.

!90/90/0000

... not sure where you are using this (if the result of the Date Selection is saved directly in a database filed of the current record)

I was using this for Text Entry field (which is attached to Date field variable in DB field) under Style.
Perhaps I don't need it because I am using the dbpPopupDateSelector.
I do display the format next to the field so if a customer is entering the date by hand know how to enter the date.

I am visiting the customer (fortunately she is local) so I will try the app removing the Validation (Style) on the Text Entry field.
I am limiting the text entry to 10 characters or maybe I should leave it open.
On Windows 7 where I am developing the app, the database doesn't give me any errors.
Brian Robinson
'When all else fails, try again!'
www.ComputerSoftwareSystems.com
BRobinsonS

Postby Gaev » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:51 am

Brian:
The selected date shows right, but I can't test it on Windows 8 because I don't have a Windows 8 computer.

Of course, we need to see what Windows 8.x is doing ... so check it out on customer's machine.
Gaev

Return to NeoBookDBPro