Source language: Translate to:

Laggy Response time

Questions about our Advanced Database plug-in

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Laggy Response time

Postby stu » Thu May 29, 2014 10:47 pm

I have already read a lot abot this same kind of issue on the forums and i detect a lot of pesimism from advanced users such as Beno on the matter but I want to take this to the set once again and see if theres someone else that might light a diferent aproach to the theme...

I have an app, small, that uses a remote db hosted on an X server.... on normal tests, say... WAMP... it works alright BUT! when the DB its online on a live servers the response time gets laggy... really laggy... so I want to testify that im using a lot of dbpRefresh but still... is this the way its supposed to work?

Maybe the server is too far away, cuz it is... but maybe someone has a better idea or knows how to better up the timming in the whole app - db game!

cheers
Microsoft Access hater.
stu

Re: Laggy Response time

Postby Neosoft Support » Fri May 30, 2014 10:08 am

In general loading data over the Internet will always be much, much slower than loading it from your own PC. There isn't anything you can do about that. However, there are some things that can negatively impact your server's performance. For example, the number of other tasks your server is being asked to perform at the same time. If you're using an inexpensive hosting account then there may be hundreds or thousands of other websites and databases using the same server. That will affect how quickly your database queries are executed. Another potential performance issue is the size of the data you're asking the server to return. The more you request, the longer it will take.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Return to NeoBookDBPro