Source language: Translate to:

Left mouse click action on DBPro Grid

Questions about our Advanced Database plug-in

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Left mouse click action on DBPro Grid

Postby ebear » Sat May 17, 2014 12:37 pm

Hello All,

I'm already fighting with this almost two weeks, and till now no real solution. Maybe someone can help me with this.
For my publication I need a left click action on a DBPro grid, right clicks and double clicks is build in in DBPro Grids but this doesn't help me in this case.

I tried the zmFunctions and also npUtils, both great plug-ins, but in my case these don't give me the right solution.

Anyone....

Best regards,

Eric
http://www.lunarsoftware.eu - Lunar Software ERP database Development. Manufacturing processes, Document management, QMS, Stock management. Standalone solutions or connected to Helios Orange and other ERP systems.
ebear

Re: Left mouse click action on DBPro Grid

Postby mishem » Sat May 17, 2014 12:58 pm

Forum should be read, not just write.
:)

dbpOpenTable "id" "table" "subroutine"
mishem

Postby ebear » Sat May 17, 2014 1:14 pm

mishem wrote:Forum should be read, not just write.
:)

dbpOpenTable "id" "table" "subroutine"

Hello Mishem,

This not what I'm looking for. I already use DBPro for a long time and I know the way out with it. The action command you suggest works only on a DBPro record change, but this is in my case isn't the right solution. I need a left click action also when there is no change.

BTW. Before I ask a question I spent most of the time a long time to read / study the forum.
Forum should be read, not just write.

Best regards,

Eric
http://www.lunarsoftware.eu - Lunar Software ERP database Development. Manufacturing processes, Document management, QMS, Stock management. Standalone solutions or connected to Helios Orange and other ERP systems.
ebear

Postby dec » Sat May 17, 2014 1:21 pm

Hello there,

Starting at the beginning (sorry Eric, I know you spend two weeks on this, but I promise I want to help), exactly why you need a "left" click action for the DB Grid? Let me to explain. Since this object do not implement such event, probably here is a good for that. In few words, maybe you can get the same (or better) functionallity if you take another approach and not this "problematic" one. So again, why exactly you **think** you need the "left" click in the DB Grid? Maybe we can help you with this other approach, since probably here are people who use the DB Grid intensively in their applications. I hope so.
Enhance your NeoBook applications!
58 plugins, 1131 actions and 233 samples
NeoPlugins website: www.neoplugins.com
dec

Postby mishem » Sat May 17, 2014 1:22 pm

BTW. Before I ask a question I spent most of the time a long time to read / study the forum.

It was a joke, do not be offended.

This not what I'm looking for.

Then my mind comes only zmFunctions.

Put in a container box. Make indentation in the container about 4. And when the mouse enters the container, turn on the monitor button. When it appears off.
mishem

Postby mishem » Sat May 17, 2014 1:30 pm

mishem

Postby ebear » Sat May 17, 2014 1:54 pm

Hello David and Mishem,

I will try to explain.

In my application (a Document Management System), I have four document levels shown in four Grids on the screen (See also image). I have also a Document Information screen.
The Grids are numbered as Level1, Level2, Level3, Level4 so I use in the Text boxes a variable like [EdB.DMS000_[DMS_Level].xDocNo]. The variable [DMS_Level] changes when the mouse hovers over the Level grids.
Now when the user clicks (Left) on a document the Document information should change, For this I have already a working script simple to update the Test boxes.

In theory both the plugins zmFunctions and npUtils are working fine, but due to the fact that both plugins are monitoring all the mouse actions I get “Access violation” errors in my application.
The suggestions I my E-mail conference with David (DEC) I tried all, but even then I stay to get these problems.

Maybe I want to much :D but I also would like to have my application running....

Regards,

Eric

ebear

Postby mishem » Sat May 17, 2014 2:01 pm

I do not understand.
:(
How can you explain something simpler?
What you need when you click?
Learn handle rectangle under the mouse?
Learn what kind of table is open?
I can not understand what exactly you need. :(
mishem

Postby mishem » Sat May 17, 2014 2:05 pm

I think I understand.
Make a small example of how it works you.
I think it's not a problem.
mishem

Postby dec » Sat May 17, 2014 2:14 pm

Hello,

When you say "npUtil" what so say "npHook". On the other hand, probably I do not understand very well (don't worry, it's not your fault) but if you need to show certain "document level" in some circumstances, why do not use four buttons labeled "Show level 1", "Show level 2", "Show level 3", etc.? Where the buttons can be placed can be a very little issue compared to now. What do you thing? I am completely wrong?
Enhance your NeoBook applications!
58 plugins, 1131 actions and 233 samples
NeoPlugins website: www.neoplugins.com
dec

Postby mishem » Sat May 17, 2014 2:17 pm

Example.
I hope I understand what you need.
mishem

Postby ebear » Sat May 17, 2014 2:20 pm

Hello Mishem,

It's maybe difficult to explain exactly, but on the other side your sample gives me something to think.

The problem was that if I open a custom window for editing the document information, after closing the custom window i got the “Access violation” errors.

In the script for this was I doing the following:

1. zmMouseMonitor detects the left click, the information screen was updated
2. When the user right clicks the document zmDelMouseMonitor was called and menu was opened with the "Great" npPops plugin.
3. The User clicks Edit document info and a CustomWindow is opened.
4. User presses the "close custom window" > first zmSetMouseMonitor is called and then the window was closed.
5. After the Custom window was closed I got the “Access violation” errors. I found out that zmSetMouseMonitor was creating this error.

But the way you use zmSetMouseMonitor and zmDelMouseMonitor in your sample can be the solution.

Give me a few "minutes" to try and I will come back to you....

Thanks a lot both for your reaction on my problem.

Eric
ebear

Postby ebear » Sat May 17, 2014 2:22 pm

Hello David,

Yes of cause npHook. This was also the reason I asked you in my E-mail about the possibility to monitor for example only a leftclick.

Regards,

Eric
ebear

Postby mishem » Sat May 17, 2014 2:32 pm

5. After the Custom window was closed I got the “Access violation” errors. I found out that zmSetMouseMonitor was creating this error.

If you could create me an example in which this error is repeated , I think I could help you.

With monitor mouse has some nuances .
Peter spent a lot of energy to create it , and to this day they are not satisfied.
But during testing, I found a minor problem that can be circumvented elementary .

Peter now busy working on another plugin , VLC. And he does not have the time or desire to return to it until .

But I assure you that today I had no problems with the implementation of the desired . :)

The second example shows how you can keep track on what exactly the rectangle is clicked .

Thus we are free to assign variables exactly what you want .
;)
mishem

Postby mishem » Sat May 17, 2014 2:38 pm

ebear
Look at this example.
mishem

Next

Return to NeoBookDBPro