Source language: Translate to:

Report Designer Skips 1st record image

Questions about our Advanced Database plug-in

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Report Designer Skips 1st record image

Postby datadon » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:48 am

I created a report for an Access database. In one of the fields there is a complete path to an image. When previewing or printing the report, it always does not print the first records image. Everything after that is fine. The first records image does exist, just like the others. Any idea why this is and more importantly, how to fix it?
Don

'If you want to get a brontosaurus from 'a' to 'b' then you ride the dinosaur - you don't carry it!'
datadon

Re: Report Designer Skips 1st record image

Postby Neosoft Support » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:37 am

That's very strange.

Is the image an actual picture field or a string containing the path name?

Does it make any difference if you delete the first record?
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby datadon » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:19 am

Well we should probably delete this post before I confuse everyone else.

Here's the deal. For some reason, when my mdb loads, it puts my records in an odd order. It does not start at record 1 (as is in the mdb) but starts at record 13. Record 13 as it turns out does not have a path in it to the image so that explains that part of it. I can push the sort column header and it puts the records in correct order. I've looked at the data in the column for some abnormality that would cause the odd sort but don't see any.

I would have thought it would load the records in the original order if there was no sort action and I do not have one.

Now the other odd part is that this is not the first time I have seen this. I have loaded other databases (similar) and they always seem to show the blank first record image (but now I think it was that for some reason my program is not putting a path in record 13 (oh there it is record 13, ooooohhhh) and then showing it as the first record. This is getting too goofy to even write out.

How about just deleting this post until I can figure out what I've got going on. ;-)
Don

'If you want to get a brontosaurus from 'a' to 'b' then you ride the dinosaur - you don't carry it!'
datadon

Postby Gaev » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:16 pm

How about just deleting this post until I can figure out what I've got going on
Too late ... NSA already has it in its database :) ... oops, now I am on their list :shock:
Gaev

Postby Neosoft Support » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:58 pm

I'm not sure why the database would open with records in an odd order unless you have some type of sort applied. However, if you've deleted and added records over time, they may not appear in file in the order you expect.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby datadon » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:51 pm

No, no deletes. I'll watch this over time as I will be creating a number of db's. Maybe that will ferret out the issue if there is one.
Don

datadon

Return to NeoBookDBPro