Source language: Translate to:

NeobookDx supported files

Questions about NeoBook PlugIns

Moderator: Neosoft Support

NeobookDx supported files

Postby smartmedia » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:43 am

Hi..

What exactly files are supported from DX ? I am trying to play some mp4 and avi files without luck. And if DX is not support mp4 files there is any other plugin to do the same job ?

Thanks
smartmedia

Re: NeobookDx supported files

Postby David de Argentina » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:44 am

Hi,

If Windows Media Player can play them, NeoMediaPlayer too, because NeoMediaPlayer IS Windows Media Player

Download Link:

https://app.box.com/s/syg606rgh3w23lxenhr6

Enjoy !

David de Argentina
David de Argentina

Postby Neosoft Support » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:09 pm

NeoBookDX uses Microsoft's DirectX/DirectShow library to play media files. You should be able to play any format of video or audio file provided that a compatible DirectX codec has been installed on your PC. Windows Media Player uses DirectX for most (but not all) of its playback. In general, if WMP can play something then NeoBookDX can too, but apparently there are a few exceptions where WMP uses custom filters that are not part of DirectX.

So, if you have mp4 and avi files that NeoBookDX cannot play, then it is probably because your PC does not have the needed DirectX compatible codecs installed. Some file formats have many different codecs, so it's unlikely that anyone would have all of them installed. Some codecs are free and others are protected by patents which means they cannot be easily distributed.

If you want to distribute videos to a wide audience with the fewest problems, the best solution is to convert them to a more common format like WMV.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby smartmedia » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:29 pm

Hi..

stop using Windows media player because is not playing all most anything long years ago and i use Media player classic
I think i will adopt Dave suggestion to convert all videos to WMV format unless there is a solution to install those codecs in order NeoBookDx to recognize it.

Thanks again for your time
smartmedia

Postby smartmedia » Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:29 pm

Hi..

Installing the codecs from this address solved my problem. Now i am able to play mp4 files.
http://www.mediaplayercodecpack.com
smartmedia

Postby Neosoft Support » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:08 am

That's great. Thank you for sharing that link with us.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Return to PlugIn Discussions