Source language: Translate to:

List of error messages in doc / error handling

Questions about our Advanced Database plug-in

Moderator: Neosoft Support

List of error messages in doc / error handling

Postby HPW » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:11 pm

Hello,

It would be nice to have a list of all possible error messages of the DbPro-plugin in the doc.
Even better a explanation of the error and the commands which could throw that error.

Of cource errors might come from the database driver.
Then the plugin should indicate that it comes from the driver and not from itself.
(additional line which show the source and current command of the error)
Or what about new variables like [dbpErrorSource] and [dbpErrorCommand].

For example I get the error: Timeout exceeded

Regards
Hans-Peter
HPW

Re: List of error messages in doc / error handling

Postby Neosoft Support » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:19 am

About 98% of errors come directly from the database engine which DBPro simply passes along to you. Really the only errors that are generated by DBPro internally are things like the database not being open, an invalid database ID or field name. Everything else is specific to the database engine, ADO interface or ODBC driver. I think we could indicate which errors are DBPro's and which aren't, but documenting the multitude of possible errors that might come from the many database engines, ADO or ODBC would be extremely difficult if not impossible. Your [dbpErrorSource] and [dbpErrorCommand] ideas are very interesting and might be very useful, but often DBPro doesn't know exactly where an error originates, only if it's internal or external. In most cases you should be able to see the command that triggered the error in the debugger.

For example I get the error: Timeout exceeded

This error is definitely from outside of DBPro - either the database engine, ADO interface or ODBC driver.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Return to NeoBookDBPro