Source language: Translate to:

Linking modules

Questions about using NeoBook's scripting language

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Linking modules

Postby carlos torres » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:15 am

Dear NB Team
TIA

How can I link two/three different modules/exe in order to keep a regular size of an application?

My question is because I had create an app that includes videos, many pictures and some pdf files and it is to big.
It become very pachydermic, not handy to install.

Ho can I create a module/modules that are able to be called just from the main one ? I know how to run/call an exe from the first one but all those exes could be run independently I do not want that.
I want to keep the control within the main exe.

regards
carlost
carlos torres

Re: Linking modules

Postby Neosoft Support » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:43 am

Take a look at the RunNeoBook action.

RunNeoBook can be used to run another compiled NeoBook publication. The current publication will be closed and the new one opened in its place. RunNeoBook can be used to link several smaller publications together to gain the same functionality as a single larger publication. When using this option to link multiple publications, the first publication must be compiled as a fully executable exe or runtime package (with NBRun5.exe). Other publications in the group can be compiled as runtime packages to conserve space.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby dec » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:59 am

Neosoft Support wrote:Take a look at the RunNeoBook action.

RunNeoBook can be used to run another compiled NeoBook publication. The current publication will be closed and the new one opened in its place. RunNeoBook can be used to link several smaller publications together to gain the same functionality as a single larger publication. When using this option to link multiple publications, the first publication must be compiled as a fully executable exe or runtime package (with NBRun5.exe). Other publications in the group can be compiled as runtime packages to conserve space.

Brilliant. ;)
Enhance your NeoBook applications!
57 plugins, 1113 actions and 230 samples
NeoPlugins website: www.neoplugins.com
dec

Postby carlos torres » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:08 am

Dear NB Team

Thanks for your help!
I appreciate that.

Regards,
carlost