Source language: Translate to:

New npList NeoPlugin for NeoBook

Questions about NeoBook PlugIns

Moderator: Neosoft Support

New npList NeoPlugin for NeoBook

Postby dec » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:13 pm

Hi to all!

This plugin implement the ComboBox Extended control from Windows, allowing you to use three differents styles of lists: ComboBox, DropDownList and SimpleList. You can use any number of lists, with their own options, properties, images, events, etc.

All three list styles allow you to put items with images for two states: normal and selected. Also you can indent the items, viewing the list similar that a treeview control style. Add, update, get the total items, all with the appropiate actions editors.

You can download the npList from here.
Enhance your NeoBook applications!
57 plugins, 1113 actions and 230 samples
NeoPlugins website: www.neoplugins.com
dec

Re: New npList NeoPlugin for NeoBook

Postby mishem » Thu May 23, 2013 9:52 pm

What I can not understand what these commands?

npListSetText
npListGetText

npListSetText variable is always True, but nothing happens.

npListGetText Variable is always empty, and also nothing happens.

npListIndexOf Searches for the text. I think it would be better to add the ability to search for specific words and sensitive.
What do you think?

Can the two teams to make an example of that would be clear as they should?
mishem

Postby dec » Fri May 24, 2013 12:02 am

mishem wrote:What I can not understand what these commands?

npListSetText
npListGetText

npListSetText variable is always True, but nothing happens.

npListGetText Variable is always empty, and also nothing happens.

npListIndexOf Searches for the text. I think it would be better to add the ability to search for specific words and sensitive.
What do you think?

Can the two teams to make an example of that would be clear as they should?

What happend with the help file? And with the plugin samples? On the other hand, as you can understand, I cannot offer support for non registerer (or not legal) users, in the same way that non registerer users do not offer support to me.
dec

Postby mishem » Fri May 24, 2013 12:37 am

Well, no. Without problems. On the contrary I would like to help test.
Personally, I paid for your plug-ins do not use. The only plugin that I like it NeoDouble. Thank you for it. And paid a lot of shortcomings. I have some just starting their russifyi and throw. The sound is lost in the system, the association files flies, other devices refuse to work. So if you are only interested in selling rather than improving the product, I do not mind.
Sorry to bother you.
mishem

Postby Wrangler » Fri May 24, 2013 7:39 am

I cannot offer support for non registerer (or not legal) users

Not offering support for non registered users is dumb. If a potential customer has questions about the product's use, and you don't answer them, guess what? They won't buy them. So you're shooting yourself in the foot there. And are you suggesting Mishem is a "non legal" user?

in the same way that non registerer users do not offer support to me

What about those of us here who helped test your projects?

What happend with the help file?

Your help files are minimum help at best. There are no code examples, and the explanation of the actions is lacking. Having to run a sample pub because one forgot the syntax is a pain in the butt. What's needed is a list of actions, with full descriptions and examples of use, and sample code for each one. Just telling us which variables contain the errors isn't quite enough.

So, if you're not selling any plugins, that's why.
Wrangler
--------------
"You never know about a woman. Whether she'll laugh, cry or go for a gun." - Louis L'Amour

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit
16GB Ram
Asus GTX 950 OC Strix
Software made with NeoBook
http://highdesertsoftware.com
Wrangler

Postby dec » Fri May 24, 2013 9:46 am

I do not want to enter in a discusion here. Wrangler, you have some reasons to continue this thread, do you?

It's ok. But I also have reasons to say what I say, to you and to others. And I do not want to enter in any other discusion here.
dec

Postby Wrangler » Fri May 24, 2013 10:12 am

I was just responding to something you posted. If you have reasons for your statements, it would be nice if you let us in on it. That way, we know what to expect. If you have proof of someone on this forum using your plugs illegally, you should post it. We would all benefit from that. If you have no proof, you shouldn't make the statement.

You've never paid attention to user feedback, registered or not. We are coders. For example, we all have our own system of where we store files. Your plugs install somewhere in the Users directory, without giving us the option of installing in the Plugins folder, where plugins SHOULD be installed. The sample pubs and help files are also buried in the Users folder. Trying to get to them is difficult and time consuming, especially when you don't use a particular plugin everyday and can't remember the path to them. A request in the past to give us the option of where to install was met with nothing.

I'm not picking on you. I think you have a great line of plugins. But every product has room for improvement. If you close your mind to customer feedback, your product will only be that good.

It makes no difference to me. You can do things the way you want. But when you make statements like you did above, you will ALWAYS get a response from me.
Wrangler
--------------
"You never know about a woman. Whether she'll laugh, cry or go for a gun." - Louis L'Amour

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit
16GB Ram
Asus GTX 950 OC Strix
Software made with NeoBook
http://highdesertsoftware.com
Wrangler

Postby Neosoft Support » Fri May 24, 2013 4:05 pm

David (dec) has created a lot of very useful plug-ins and does provide support to both potential and paid customers. I may be wrong, but this seems to be an issue about these specific customer/developer relationships rather than about support policies in general.

A question many software developers face (including NeoSoft) is where is it acceptable to the draw the line and stop providing free, unlimited support to certain customers? What if you have a small number of customers (5%) who consume a disproportionate amount of tech support time (95%) compared to the revenue they generate? What if they've never placed an order or they're using a product that's five or ten years old and can't or won't upgrade?
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby mishem » Fri May 24, 2013 7:11 pm

Did not want to reply to this topic. But I'll try to make some clarification.
I am one of many who do not translate plugin for Russian. But I'm not doing burglary and key distribution. If the plugin is transferred, there will be potential buyers. And I know that some Russian bought a plug in David. Since David was not interested in this, I can not translate. In order to correctly translate, you need to understand what makes one or the other team. Hence the questions.

I do not know when to eat on NB Peter had not made the transfer. Just not when we would not have learned about Neobookdbpro if there was no translation.

Personally, I do not get this from vygodu.V connection with that that I am not working and am disabled I have a lot of free time I spend at the computer. I did not make any profit land program. And if I do not do business, why should I buy?

But if I can help someone, why can not I do that?

And the question was not for me, and for that would in the future I could help someone you know and point to the plug-in that tomorrow someone may need.

Sorry if you do not understand. Or not properly understand.
mishem

Postby Luiz Alfredo » Tue May 28, 2013 6:21 am

Always got clarifications and even implementations from David, before and after registration of several plugins. I believe that any misunderstanding should be eliminated, with recognition and respect from both sides, so we can be partners in the development, and support the great tools we use (NeoBook and it's Plugins). As many partners and friends we make, better will be our life.

The suggestions of user defined folders is good. David could think about that. More detailed help, with some code is also welcome. If new implementations have any cost, please let us know. One idea is: From time to time release a new version of the software/plugin with some update fee. Maybe someone will not pay at first, but as more implementations appear, sometime it will be interesting for that user. Dave could make the same to Neobook, so we could have more updates and support Neobook's faster development.

Best Regards to all.
L.A.G.M.
Luiz Alfredo

Postby dpayer » Tue May 28, 2013 9:11 am

I think we are experiencing a problem that originates in translation issues.

Before saying anything else, I find it amazing that people from all over the world make great efforts to be understood (most typically in English) in a language that is not their native tongue in areas that are often quite technical. For the most part the exchanges are very friendly and supportive as we all seek a better understanding of how to develop in NB.

I've made a bit of effort to connect the Russian Neobookers to here as they are intensely active and have produced some sophisticated results with NB. Unfortunately, Google translate does not work nearly as well with Russian to English (and the converse) as we would hope. I think intentions can be misunderstood in that circumstance.

It appears Mishem is trying to bridge the gap between two non English speaking worlds of development by clarifying some of DECs plugins for the Russian community. If he succeeds, David may make some sales there. DEC's plugins and applications are typically well made and he actively attempts to support them. They are worth the money he is asking for those who need the functionality they provide.

Mishem has posted many times here in a very supportive manner and is attempting to be helpful in the forums. As he mentioned, he made efforts to advocate the DataBasePro plugin to the Russian community for its advancement there. I think his intention is to provide an advancement of understanding for all.

Thank you to all developers who make the effort to communicate beyond their language border. I think this community is a good example of international cooperation!

David Payer
Des Moines, IA
USA
David Payer
Des Moines, Iowa
USA
dpayer

Return to PlugIn Discussions