Source language: Translate to:

ChromeAudio VU/Level Meter

Questions about NeoBook PlugIns

Moderator: Neosoft Support

ChromeAudio VU/Level Meter

Postby chromebandit » Wed May 08, 2013 4:29 am

CromeAudio can capture your soundcards - peak level to create nice peak progress bars its up to your imagination... chromeaudio uses the Windows Multimedia Device and enables audio clients to discover audio endpoint devices, determine their capabilities, and create driver instances for those devices. The plugin comes with a sample pub. It has also actions to set and get the master volume (left and right channel) synchronized with windows. This is Version 2 i improved performance and the peak values are rounded.

May you like to give it a try you can download demo here:
http://www.neosoftware.com/neobook/modules/plugins/singlefile.php?cid=13&lid=236

You dont need bass.dll or any other external dll! ChromeAudio works on Vista Win7 and above!

Actions:
•cbAudioStart
•cbAudioSetSystemVolume
•cbAudioSetSystemVolumeLeft
•cbAudioSetSystemVolumeRight
•cbAudioMuteSystemVolume
•cbAudioChannelCount
•cbAudioGetSystemVolume
•cbAudioGetSystemVolumeLeft
•cbAudioGetSystemVolumeRight
•cbAudioStartGetSinglePeak
•cbAudioStopGetSinglePeak
•cbAudioStartGetChannelsPeak
•cbAudioStopGetChannelsPeak

Variables:
•[cbAudioStatus]
•[cbSystemVolumeMute]
•[cbAudioChannels]
•[cbSystemVolumeLeft]
•[cbSystemVolumeRight]
•[cbClientPeakSingle]
•[cbPeakChannelLeft]
•[cbPeakChannelRight]

Regards
Last edited by chromebandit on Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:46 pm, edited 4 times in total.
chromebandit

Re: ChromeAudio VU/Level Meter

Postby Neosoft Support » Wed May 08, 2013 11:02 am

Looks great!

So would this work with NeoBookDX and solve this problem:

http://50.63.174.181/community/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19963&sid=9c5ac2f46f72f868a14e47ef5728b7cc
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby chromebandit » Wed May 08, 2013 1:20 pm

Thank you :) i think it could help to solve the problem i made a litle sample using NeoBookDx and ChromeAudio it works nice together... volume, balance mute is working fine may you try out and download the sample.exe below the image.

Download:
http://neoplugs.o2f.org/wp-content/uplo ... eAudio.zip
Last edited by chromebandit on Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:49 pm, edited 7 times in total.
chromebandit

Postby arkzero » Wed May 08, 2013 10:25 pm

Hi ChromBandit

Ive had a play with your demo! it throws an error "cant open windows mixer" on win7 a machine i guess that is due to the way modern windows and its WASAPI system work! being that it no longer has a mixer, and also the green peak bars overshoot the ends of the display on loud sources!

a question! the peak meters have scaling markers in db's, have you implemented a logarithmic conversion of the windows normal linear scaled output?

best regards
arkzero

Postby chromebandit » Thu May 09, 2013 3:00 am

Chromeaudio is not using the old wave mixer it uses MMDevice API and WASAPI, to manipulate the audio devices.

"cant open windows mixer" - may try to update your audio driver-

The MMDevice API refers to the new audio devices as endpoint. Wasapi is used to generate the peak levels.. there is a posibility to measure the min and max peak in db from sound level scalar i may have a look into it in the future then i can add realtime audio measurement - the peak-level is a estimated measurement at the moment.

Check the demo iam using colored rectangles behind the peakbars to avoid overshooting thats the only way to avoid at the moment. With min and max db it may can be fixed in the future.

Regards
chromebandit

Postby arkzero » Thu May 09, 2013 11:03 am

hi Chromebandit

I took a look at my on board audio drivers and they are the latest and up to date! it is Realtek® ALC892 and the motherboard is an Asus Z77 sabertooth. tbh i never really use the on board audio hardware since i own a plethora of pro audio gear including protools hd, maybe it could be some form of interference from one of the many interface drivers i have installed. the Avid asio drivers(protools) can be a pain in the ass with other windows audio applications so im gonna blame them ha ha :D

great work btw! i look forward to your next incarnation of this work!

best regards
arkzero

Postby Neosoft Support » Thu May 09, 2013 11:04 am

The Chromeaudio peak meter/progress bars seem to work correctly for me. The bars appear to accurately track the levels of the left and right stereo channels.

Does it make any difference what kind of sound card you have?
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Postby chromebandit » Thu May 09, 2013 12:28 pm

Hi, it should work with any soundcard... windows multimedia Device API enables the audio client to discover the audio endpoint device (soundcard), and creates a driver instance for the soundcard may it can come to problems when using no default drivers (like ASIO) any basic soundcard with default driver should work.

Regards
chromebandit

Postby chromebandit » Fri May 10, 2013 8:56 am

Hi i updated ChromeAudio to 2.1 new version is available to download:
http://www.neosoftware.com/neobook/modules/plugins/singlefile.php?cid=13&lid=236

Version 2.1:
Removed Delphi TTimer using only NeoBook Timer for better performance - less cpu
Updated demo.pub - peak using container no more overshooting
Some other improvements
Fixed some small bugs...
Last edited by chromebandit on Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:50 pm, edited 5 times in total.
chromebandit

Postby UltraVox » Sat May 11, 2013 1:33 am

arkzero wrote:a question! the peak meters have scaling markers in db's, have you implemented a logarithmic conversion of the windows normal linear scaled output?

This is a real issue... The current level meter just gives inaccurate indication.
If Dave and Chromebandit work together to provide an REAL volume indication (in db), then the problem of the meters in NeoBook be fixed!

It should also work on multiple and simultaneous audio sources.
it problematic to obtain independent VU meters with ChromeAudio (Track 1 + Track 2 + Track 3, etc ...). All connected to a virtual master.

The secret is there. We must create Virtual Tracks connected to a Virtual Master.

in short. I bought ChromeAudio, because I always thank the work of programmers in this area!

Cheers,
UltraVox
UltraVox

Postby chromebandit » Sat May 11, 2013 2:32 am

Hi Ultravox, ChromeAudio is not a audio host aplication it works with the player of your choice but its posible to include a player to chromeaudio then its posible to obtain independent VU meters.

May iam going to add a funtion to get the min max volume range then its posible to have real volume indication in dB. Thanks for the interest and for supporting my plug :)

Regards
Last edited by chromebandit on Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
chromebandit

Postby UltraVox » Mon May 13, 2013 9:51 am

I look forward to this function is added :wink:
UltraVox

Postby chromebandit » Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:52 am

Hi i have added 2 new functions and 3 new variables you can get now peaklevels in dB

Version 2.2 is available to download:
http://www.neosoftware.com/neobook/modu ... 13&lid=236

Regards
chromebandit

Postby UltraVox » Sun Dec 20, 2015 2:56 am

Hello chromebandit,

How to get the "0 dB" value below the ChromeAudio 2.2 plugin VuMeters ?

Look at this picture :
The '0' is textually visible below the level meters (at the end).

But how to know where 0dB is located, as a real mixer, with ChromeAudio 2.2 plugin ?

Whoever makes the mix needs a visual limit (a limit not to be exceeded) to fine tune the volume to 0 dB (volume obtimum without saturation). Currently, your plugin properly provided the dB (ridges), but it says nothing about the "0 dB": it must not exceed 0 dB (max.) In digital.

There is a variable or other for that ?

Also, the stereo level meters do not function...
I do not know why.

Thank you.
UltraVox

Postby chromebandit » Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:51 am

Hi Ultravox can you send me the stereo sample you made i will pm you my email regards Chromebandit
chromebandit

Next

Return to PlugIn Discussions