Source language: Translate to:

Design view - tab through objects

Post your suggestions for future versions of NeoBook

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Design view - tab through objects

Postby dpayer » Thu May 02, 2013 7:09 am

I recently did something that had many layers of objects on a page. I had several cycles of moving things to the front and then displaying and then moving another to the front and displaying, etc. I kept all on the same page to keep transitions somewhat seamless.

As I attempted to correct various things, a problem I ran into continuously was selecting the desired object to work on. I know I could go to the object list and then bring it to the front and then make it visible to access the object. I wonder if it might be possible in future versions of NB to have the ability to tab through objects on a page while in design mode. This is a common process in page designing / graphics software and it allows you to keep in place an item that may be down a few layers yet still access it. As it is now, a small object is almost impossible to select with the mouse when it is in the midst of and down a layer from multiple larger objects.

A problem that emerges as a result of the above listed issue is that changes to complex groups often require moving them 'off stage' to make changes. You would do that, then ungroup them, then solve the issue and then regroup them and then then put the group back where it was before on the page. I ran into a situation of missing a small object in the regrouping process a couple times. Another consideration would be to have the capability to add/remove objects from a group with a cut/copy/paste process. Meaning: an object is selected then copied to the clipboard. Then you select the group and you right-click to paste it INTO THE GROUP. In existing groups, you could have the right click "cut" command in the object list.

These capacities would allow for greater ease of using complex groupings.

Thanks for listening.

David P.
David Payer
Des Moines, Iowa
USA
dpayer

Re: Design view - tab through objects

Postby Neosoft Support » Thu May 02, 2013 10:41 am

I'll add this to the list of things to consider.

With groups, you can edit an individual item' properties by right clicking its name in the Object List. The Container object was designed to be used instead of the group and allows objects to copied and pasted to/from.
NeoSoft Support
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Re: Design view - tab through objects

Postby dpayer » Thu May 02, 2013 12:18 pm

Neosoft Support wrote:I'll add this to the list of things to consider.

With groups, you can edit an individual item' properties by right clicking its name in the Object List. The Container object was designed to be used instead of the group and allows objects to copied and pasted to/from.

Thanks for the tip. I am less familiar with containers so I will look into using them as an alternative.

David P.
David Payer
Des Moines, Iowa
USA
dpayer

Return to NeoBook Suggestions