Source language: Translate to:

Protection & Licensing Plugin

Questions about NeoBook PlugIns

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Protection & Licensing Plugin

Postby Eduardo Volpi » Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:25 am

What are the chances of Neosoft or other plugin developer to develop such a plugin?
I am not sure Ronnie's rtProtectionSystem is still suported and besides would be great if we could have something powerfull and more user friendly at the same time.
Eduardo Volpi
Eduardo Volpi

Re: Protection & Licensing Plugin

Postby dec » Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:31 am

Hello,

If you like, take a look at my npCust plugin, which use the same license system that NeoPlugins itself.
Enhance your NeoBook applications!
58 plugins, 1131 actions and 233 samples
NeoPlugins website: www.neoplugins.com
dec

Postby Eduardo Volpi » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:07 am

Cool, just dowloaded and it seems to be the kind of plugin I was looking for. I'll take a deeper look.
Could you implement some routines to set and verify "number of days to trial" or "number of times the program can be launched", "clock back", etc.
Eduardo Volpi
Eduardo Volpi

Postby dec » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:14 am

Hello,

Eduardo Volpi wrote:Cool, just dowloaded and it seems to be the kind of plugin I was looking for. I'll take a deeper look.
Could you implement some routines to set and verify "number of days to trial" or "number of times the program can be launched", "clock back", etc.

Well. In fact npCust is not designed for that. This plugin along npRegs (plugin included with npCust) allow you, basically, to generate license serial numbers and then check it. Expire serial numbers, prepare serial backlists, update serial numbers, expire it, etc. But other actions like you mentioned are not implemented by the plugin. Of course you can use some NeoBook native actions and other plugins to achieve what you wanted.
dec

Postby CN_Iceman » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:17 am

I use npCust to generate and check the users licenses in all my programs and it works perfectly.

Greetings.
Greetings/Saludos, Jose.
www.icemansoft.es
CN_Iceman

Postby dec » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:21 am

CN_Iceman wrote:I use npCust to generate and check the users licenses in all my programs and it works perfectly.

Greetings.

Yes; thank you Jose. ;)
dec

Postby Eduardo Volpi » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:57 am

dec wrote:Hello,

Eduardo Volpi wrote:Cool, just dowloaded and it seems to be the kind of plugin I was looking for. I'll take a deeper look.

Well. In fact npCust is not designed for that. This plugin along npRegs (plugin included with npCust) allow you, basically, to generate license serial numbers and then check it. Expire serial numbers, prepare serial backlists, update serial numbers, expire it, etc. But other actions like you mentioned are not implemented by the plugin. Of course you can use some NeoBook native actions and other plugins to achieve what you wanted.

I understand David. I´ll implement those features myself as you suggested. However, in this days where you need everything done for yesterday, is great (at least for me) to have complete solutions for especific areas.

You have great plugins and I have ordered some of theme.

Thanks for helping
Eduardo Volpi
Eduardo Volpi

Postby lowridertj » Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:27 pm

Ive made www.botgurusecured.com in neobook, and would just need the plugins i available for ubotstudio converted over for use inside a neobook pub.
Internet Automation www.botguru.net
lowridertj

Postby andybrock » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:55 am

I've written my own that interfaces with Rapid Residual Pro. You can in effect make a simple but strong protection system by using any of the known membership site scripts that exist and simply have your program login to the members area with their login details to validate the purchase. This is pretty easy with neobooks web browser features. You can take this as far as you want to, in my case I've made it only check periodically so people can use the software "offline", put in checks for common hacks and blackhat tricks, etc.

Andy
What I do and How I do it. - http://andybrocklehurst.com
andybrock

Postby Eduardo Volpi » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:44 am

Sounds interesting, although I hate software that require a connection for me to use. I always thought if one day I no longer have access to the network, I can not use something 'that I bought and for which I paid'. In my opinion, this is not fair.
Eduardo Volpi
Eduardo Volpi

Postby dpayer » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:14 am

Eduardo Volpi wrote:Sounds interesting, although I hate software that require a connection for me to use. I always thought if one day I no longer have access to the network, I can not use something 'that I bought and for which I paid'. In my opinion, this is not fair.

If you have ever bought something from Adobe (including Macromedia stuff), ie Photoshop, Flash, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, etc. you know that you MUST be online to register the product. Also, if that product is registered and someone tries to register it again, an error occurs. You must first UNINSTALL the original installation and then it can be installed on another computer.

Of course, their suites of products cost over $1000 so they have a strong interest in maintaining the integrity of registration.

If your app were to check periodically when launched to go to a registration site but could not connect to it after several months of attempting to do so, it seems feasible to request revalidation. Also, it is important to note that "you bought and paid for" a license to use a product, not the product itself. If you bought "the product" you could then resell that product which is easy to copy/duplicate.

David P.
David Payer
Des Moines, Iowa
USA
dpayer

Postby Eduardo Volpi » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:18 am

Yes of course, but I still do not like this model.
If I "can choose" between a software that requires a connection to validate its license and another that does not, I'll take the last one.
Eduardo Volpi
Eduardo Volpi

Postby andybrock » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:41 am

dpayer wrote:
Eduardo Volpi wrote:Sounds interesting, although I hate software that require a connection for me to use. I always thought if one day I no longer have access to the network, I can not use something 'that I bought and for which I paid'. In my opinion, this is not fair.

If you have ever bought something from Adobe (including Macromedia stuff), ie Photoshop, Flash, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, etc. you know that you MUST be online to register the product. Also, if that product is registered and someone tries to register it again, an error occurs. You must first UNINSTALL the original installation and then it can be installed on another computer.

Of course, their suites of products cost over $1000 so they have a strong interest in maintaining the integrity of registration.

If your app were to check periodically when launched to go to a registration site but could not connect to it after several months of attempting to do so, it seems feasible to request revalidation. Also, it is important to note that "you bought and paid for" a license to use a product, not the product itself. If you bought "the product" you could then resell that product which is easy to copy/duplicate.

David P.

Since my software is sold via download they have to be online to get it in the first place. The products I sell that I bother with licensing on are between $200 and $800, below that I don't worry too much... most of those who get my low end stuff by copying it about will eventually want my higher end products anyway :)
What I do and How I do it. - http://andybrocklehurst.com
andybrock

Return to PlugIn Discussions