Source language: Translate to:

"Watch-Folder" ??

Discussion en Français sur NeoBook

Moderators: Neosoft Support, TTP-France

"Watch-Folder" ??

Postby naxoscg » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:15 am

Bonjour à tous,

J'ai ressorti mon Neobook du placard pour tenter de créer un système qui m'aiderait à maintenir les 15 PCs de ma mini renderfarm...

Alors j'ai deux demandes distinctes :

1 - En local (sur chaque Pc en fait), j'aimerait créer une appli qui utiliserait le principe du "watch-folder" : un dossier qui est scrutté en continu (ou toutes les minutes par ex.) et dès qu'un fichier y est trouvé (.bat, .exe, etc) on lui associe une commande : copier le .dlm dans le dossier plugins de 3dsmax, lancer l'exe en mode silent, etc...

2 - plus dur sans doute, un systeme client-serveur qui permettrait de lancer (et de killer) à distance tel ou tel moteur de rendu (vray, maxwell, backburner)... car pour le moment tout démarre en automatique, et c'est dommage d'utiliser les ressources de backburner si je calcule du vray etc...

3 - bonus : que cette appli puisse réveiller (wake on lan) et éteindre (shutdown) les machines...

Merci pour vos idées et savoirs...
naxoscg
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:35 am

Re: "Watch-Folder" ??

Postby dec » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:45 am

Bonjour,

naxoscg wrote:Bonjour à tous,

J'ai ressorti mon Neobook du placard pour tenter de créer un système qui m'aiderait à maintenir les 15 PCs de ma mini renderfarm...

Alors j'ai deux demandes distinctes :

1 - En local (sur chaque Pc en fait), j'aimerait créer une appli qui utiliserait le principe du "watch-folder" : un dossier qui est scrutté en continu (ou toutes les minutes par ex.) et dès qu'un fichier y est trouvé (.bat, .exe, etc) on lui associe une commande : copier le .dlm dans le dossier plugins de 3dsmax, lancer l'exe en mode silent, etc...


My plugin npNots allow you to get advised when dozens of system shell notifications are available. One of this is when a folder change their contents and maybe you can use in order to do what you need.

naxoscg wrote:2 - plus dur sans doute, un systeme client-serveur qui permettrait de lancer (et de killer) à distance tel ou tel moteur de rendu (vray, maxwell, backburner)... car pour le moment tout démarre en automatique, et c'est dommage d'utiliser les ressources de backburner si je calcule du vray etc...


You can count with my npMsgs plugin and my npTalk plugin. The first one allow you to establish a communication between two or more publications in the same system. The second one allow you to establish a communication between two or more publications via the TCP/IP. Your publications can act like a server and/or a client, which can send and receive messages and strings to and from others publications. Maybe this can be useful to you.

naxoscg wrote:3 - bonus : que cette appli puisse réveiller (wake on lan) et éteindre (shutdown) les machines...


Here is a recently thread on this forum which talk about some Wake On Lan solution. However, I'm searching for a way to incorporate certain action in my npUtil plugin in order to do a Wake On Lan call.

Hope this can help you in some manner. ;)

Update: I open this thread in order to get some help with a possible Wake On Lan implementation for my npUtil plugin.
.
Enhance your NeoBook applications!
.
57 plugins, 1113 actions and 230 samples
.
NeoPlugins website: www.neoplugins.com
.
User avatar
dec
 
Posts: 1663
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:48 am
Location: Spain

Re: "Watch-Folder" ??

Postby dpayer » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:41 am

naxoscg wrote:Bonjour à tous,

J'ai ressorti mon Neobook du placard pour tenter de créer un système qui m'aiderait à maintenir les 15 PCs de ma mini renderfarm...

Alors j'ai deux demandes distinctes :

1 - En local (sur chaque Pc en fait), j'aimerait créer une appli qui utiliserait le principe du "watch-folder" : un dossier qui est scrutté en continu (ou toutes les minutes par ex.) et dès qu'un fichier y est trouvé (.bat, .exe, etc) on lui associe une commande : copier le .dlm dans le dossier plugins de 3dsmax, lancer l'exe en mode silent, etc...

2 - plus dur sans doute, un systeme client-serveur qui permettrait de lancer (et de killer) à distance tel ou tel moteur de rendu (vray, maxwell, backburner)... car pour le moment tout démarre en automatique, et c'est dommage d'utiliser les ressources de backburner si je calcule du vray etc...

3 - bonus : que cette appli puisse réveiller (wake on lan) et éteindre (shutdown) les machines...

Merci pour vos idées et savoirs...


1) you can use a timer object to check the folder. Put an action like the following for the timer:
Code: Select all
SetVar "[foundfiles]" ""
FileList "[selectedfolder]\*.[file_extension]" "Files" "[foundfiles]"
If "[foundfiles]" "<>" ""
  StrParse "[foundfiles]" "[#13]" "[foundfilelist]" "[foundfilelistlen]"
  Loop "1" "[foundfilelistlen]" "[foundfileWILL]"
  GoSub "foundfileprocess"
  .have foundfileprocess use the name of the file as [foundfilelist[foundfileWILL]]
  Endloop
Endif


Set the time in the timer object as 60000 to have it run every minute.
You may want to include in the Book Properties an idleevent to activate the timer after 5 min just in case it stops.

You will need to create a subroutine to act on the found files. If you have more than one process for different file types, then loop the above process and replace the [file_extension] value with each file type and create a unique subroutine for each process type. The subroutine will be able to act on the file which will be named [foundfilelist[foundfileWILL]]

2) Here is a google search for resources on stopping and starting services remotely

3)Here is a command line utility (also has a windows interface) you could run to do a Wake-on-LAN to

Best wishes on your project!

David P.
David Payer
Des Moines, Iowa
USA
User avatar
dpayer
 
Posts: 1380
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2005 5:55 am
Location: Iowa - USA

Re: "Watch-Folder" ??

Postby naxoscg » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:38 pm

many thanks both of you, i'll try all that...
naxoscg
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:35 am


Return to NeoBook en Français

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests