Source language: Translate to:

RS232

Questions about NeoBook PlugIns

Moderator: Neosoft Support

RS232

Postby DELCO » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:52 pm

Hello,
I am looking for a plugin to read rs232 port. In the past, there were "gtcomm", but it disapeared from the web! Any new plugin in the box ?
Regards,
DELCO

Re: RS232

Postby Pilou » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:38 am

good evening

I think I have this plugin I look tonight at home!

pilou
Pilou

Postby DELCO » Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:19 pm

Hello Pilou,
Thank you.
Regards,
DELCO

Postby Pilou » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:58 am

Delco
I looked on my pc unfortunately I can not find it.
I was sure to have.
If I find I contacted immediately.
pilou
Pilou

Postby ErgoMan » Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:41 am

I have this plugin. Message me on how I can get it to you.

ErgoMan
ErgoMan

Postby dpayer » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:41 pm

This brings up a good point.

There are many good plugins that get abandoned. I wish people would open source them for others to continue with or give them to Dave to build the NB foundation.

Another one RAC had some printer based plugins but their site is gone too.

Sad
David Payer
Des Moines, Iowa
USA
dpayer

Postby DELCO » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:21 pm

+1
DELCO

Postby Pilou » Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:30 pm

good evening

I can host here

http://neofrbook.free.fr/crbst_24.html

pilou
Pilou

Postby dec » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:52 am

dpayer wrote:This brings up a good point.

There are many good plugins that get abandoned. I wish people would open source them for others to continue with or give them to Dave to build the NB foundation.

Sad

Maybe I'am not the right guy to talking about, but, I think can be a better idea to maintain the developers in the market, making some donations to plugins developers who make freeware plugins and purchasing some licenses of plugins developers who try to sales it. In a few words: worry about the currently developers in order to allow their projects updated and supported, instead of developers who, for some reason, abandoned their projects... I do not know if my poor english can state what I can say. Anyway this is only my personal and honest opinion. ;)

P.S. Without acrimony, ok? Happy Christmas to all!
Last edited by dec on Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Enhance your NeoBook applications!
57 plugins, 1113 actions and 230 samples
NeoPlugins website: www.neoplugins.com
dec

Postby DELCO » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:34 am

+1
DELCO

Postby dpayer » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:49 am

DEC, your point is taken.

I think one of the other problems is that developers start using NB but then move to other platforms and take on other work that keeps them from focusing on development of plugins. It is those cases that I am thinking about. Some of these developers never asked for a donation or price for their work (anyone making a good product should feel free to ask for payment. Not all people who develop plugins want to offer the kind of support that is needed for paid plugins.)

It is sad to have these efforts lost because someone changed focus in their lives. In many cases, I guess they would happily give their work effort to someone who would want to carry it on.

David, many of us have great respect for your work in the NB world, even if we haven't bought plugins from you (yet). You are a good model of someone who develops useful plugins and supports their work. If there were thousands more NB application developers, we would see a market for many like yourself. As is..... the numbers are not quite at that critical mass point yet.

David P.

dec wrote:
dpayer wrote:This brings up a good point.

Sad

Maybe I'am not the right guy to talking about, but, I think can be a better idea to maintain the developers in the market, making some donations to plugins developers who make freeware plugins and purchasing some licenses of plugins developers who try to sales it. In a few words: worry about the currently developers in order to allow their projects updated and supported, instead of developers who, for some reason, abandoned their projects... I do not know if my poor english can state what I can say. Anyway this is only my personal and honest opinion. ;)

P.S. Without acrimony, ok? Happy Christmas to all!
David Payer
Des Moines, Iowa
USA
dpayer

Postby dec » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:05 am

Hello,

The problem is to maintain projects that can be good or bad writen, which use these or these other components, which have available their complete source code or depend on some "binary components"; projects that can be writen with some specific version of some specific environment, etc., etc., etc. In fact it's not easy to maintain a project up to date, and, more difficult, try to maintain an old project that are writen by other person. Of course this suposing the original author of the plugins allow the foundation to take their plugins and every piece of code needed to compile it.

P.S. As you can see, in my opinion, a better idea is to try to maintain the currently developers and their projects. :mrgreen:
Enhance your NeoBook applications!
57 plugins, 1113 actions and 230 samples
NeoPlugins website: www.neoplugins.com
dec

Postby tranqui » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:23 am

DELCO wrote:Hello,
I am looking for a plugin to read rs232 port. In the past, there were "gtcomm", but it disapeared from the web! Any new plugin in the box ?
Regards,

+1

Any news about this file?
tranqui

Postby Tony Kroos » Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:59 am

http://www.gjturner.net/gtCommsDemo.zip (site is down), btw it costs $50 and purchase link also died.
Not sure if it will ever be possible to get a registered copy of this, unless you contact plugin author...
Tony Kroos

Postby Rasl » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:15 am

Rasl

Return to PlugIn Discussions